XVII

Hey my little devils , here's a chapter for you since I'm a big ol meanie and left it on a cliffie 😘

——————

  Everything was in slow motion. As soon as the gun shots went off it was a frenzy. No one was on the ground anymore. They were running. They ran so fast yet I was stuck in place. It wasn't until Jax was shaking me , frantically , I realized what was going on.

     The wound I acquired from the blow was bleeding drastically. As a woman ran past me she trampled me. Jax was frantic. I was in pure shock and couldn't move. I felt no pain from the adrenaline. My crazy ex's body laid on the floor in a pile of blood. No. He can't go to jail again. He cannot leave me. Not this time.

    " baby? Baby!? Don't close your eyes!" Jax put pressure on the wound to stop the blood flow on my stomach. My dress a sticky bloody mess. Jax was immediately on the phone with the paramedics.
     " that's too fucking long! She won't make it!" He yelled in frustration. Every second seemed to last a lifetime. I felt my eyes become heavy and I looked at Jax's face as I began to become aware of the pain. It was then my eyes pricked with tears , not from the pain but because I didn't want to die. I wanted to live , for Jax. I wanted to be the one to walk down the isle and look him in the eyes , confessing my love for him.

      My body was picked up bridal style , Jax broke out in a sprint. The hospital was eight blocks away. He couldn't possibly be taking me could he? Oh but he was.
    " baby look at me. Look at me okay? Don't close your eyes" He was breathing heavily by the third block.
     " I love you Jax" I rasp out. He looks down at me with tears streaming down his face. His pace picks up as he takes deep breaths. People are staring and stopping everywhere to get a look.
      " don't you dare fucking leave me Elizabeth Williams. Don't you dare." He huffs out.
    " I promise." I whisper , not sure if he can hear me. My eyes close as I try to focus on breathing. I can feel the blood has completely ruined both of our clothes.

    " HELP!" Jax calls out as he bursts through the emergency room doors. "SHES BEEN SHOT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FUCKING HELP ME" he yells.
      " prep the room! Get a bed!" A man calls urgently. I'm laid on the rolling stretcher as I'm rushed to the room. I hear Jax screaming , throwing a fit to be able to come back with me but they won't let him.

        " mrs , we will have to go straight to the operating room. We have no time. We need approval if you can hear me raise your ringer for yes" he says loud and clear.

      I lift my finger weakly , just before I love consciousness.

Isabel's pov*

     " Jared I don't know. I mean how will I know you won't just leave again?" I look up at him as he sits across from me.
    " bells , I promise you. I'm so sorry. I freaked okay? I never thought in a million years I would be a dad this soon. I love you please just take me back I swear I'll be the best husband and dad" he begs and then instantly looks up.
    " did you say?" I begin to ask.
" fuck this is not how I wanted it to be" he sighs , getting down on one knee.
      " Jared .. I .." I begin to say but he shushes me with a smile.
     " Isabel Williams I love you and our baby more than life. Will you please mar..." Jared's phone begins to ring. He declines it.
    " anyways .. Isabel will you please be my wi.." almost as the word is out the phone rings again.

      " good god man what is so important?" Jared huffs out. As soon as the other person on the phone speaks he becomes a sickly white color.
   " what? I'll be there in five minutes" Jared hangs the phone up quickly.
   " we have to go. Now. Get the keys" he says not explaining. At this point I know it's bad. As he runs from the apartment I grab the keys following him.
     Jumping into the car , he starts it and squeals the tires as he brakes too hard. The traffic is awful as he swerves in and out of lanes angrily at the drivers.
  " fuck fuck fuck" he runs his hands through his hair frantically. He glances at me every now and then.
   " Jared? Baby what's going on?"

      He never answers me. He continues driving and of course with out luck we pass a sheriff.
    " for the love of god" Jared punches the steering wheel. The policeman pulls behind us as we pull over and Jared rolls the window down.
   " how you guys doin tonight?" The man asks with a southern drawl.
     " we are really in a hurry sir there's an emergency" Jared urgently says.
     " there's no reason to be going eighty in a thirty five" the officer challenges him.
    " I think there is actually. Can I go?" He asks irritated.
    " now look. What's so important??" He asks , hands on his hip , itching towards his gun.
    " my friend was shot in the stomach" he looks up angrily.
   " oh god. Follow me" the cops says , jumping in his car , turning his lights on and begins to pull out into traffic quickly.
    " baby if Jax was shot wouldn't Elizabeth call me? I mean that kind of hurts she wouldn't have the decency to call her own sister first" I say sadly.

     Jared glanced over at me , frowning. I sigh. I know I'm being selfish and his best friend is in the hospital. But Elizabeth always calls me with emergencies it just isn't like her not to. Unless.. unless Jax isn't the one who got shot.

    Looking at Jared , tears prick my eyes instantly.
    " it wasn't Jax was it?" I ask , biting my lip.
    " no love , it wasn't him" he says in a soothing voice. I felt the sobs escape my mouth as soon as he said it. Tears rolled down my eyes.
      " is she okay?" I look at him hoping for the best.
    " It took so long getting her there they aren't sure if Jax made it in time. He couldn't wait for an ambulance because it would've taken longer." He says softly , taking my hand. 

  " what are you saying Jared?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing
     " they don't know if or when she will wake up" he soothes me. But how can I be soothed when I'm not sure if my life long best friend and sister could never annoy me with her stupid repetitive tv shows? What if the little girl who was so scared of the dark she couldn't even step foot in the hall and had me walk her to the bathroom every night was just suddenly gone?