Chapter X

I spend most days thinking about Jax like always. Thinking about if things were different where we would be. My mom has been calling me a lot lately claiming to be worried about my sanity. I'm fine , really , I am. I'm not sure if I am trying to convince her or me though. When Jax left it took a piece of me with him behind those bars.
    Samantha avoids me like the plague. I'm not sure what Jared done but about a week later , give or take , she walked past me scrunched up and cowering away. Her face was swollen and she had a cast on her arm. Her lips were busted up and I could tell she was roughed up pretty badly.
       My mom is coming over today. She seems stressed out and I can't help but to think something is wrong.  I mean my mom is so happy and go lucky. She is always bubbly and the life of the party. A knock on the door pulls me from my thoughts. Going to answer it I the door to see my beautiful mother.
" hey momma" I smile and pull her in for a hug.
" elizabeth you look like you've lost weight" she says disapprovingly in her motherly tone.
" I'm working on that" I shrug. It honestly is taking me a while to put the weight back on since I've no appetite. I'm doing my best. Without Jax nothing is appealing Anymore.
" so you must know there's a reason I decided to come this far" She clasps her hands together in a way that showed off her beautiful gold ring that my father got her. The brilliant diamonds surrounded the large ruby in the center making it contrast beautifully.
" is something wrong?" I ask scrunching my face a little.
" well.." she trails off.
" well?"
" your father and I .."
" you aren't splitting up are you!?" I cry out in disbelief. She grabs my hands and gives me a meaningful look.
" of course not darling. We are renewing our vows silly! We wanted you and Isabel to be  a part of it. It will be like a regular ceremony" she smiles , patting my hand as I register they are completely still in love and okay. I grin at her and roll my eyes.
" leave it to you to work me up! Of course I'll come. Is it okay if I bring Jax ma?" I turn around asking her. She grins knowingly at me.
" of course baby , you know we both love him dearly! Speaking of , where is he?" She looks around dramatically
" oh ya know how he is mom , he will be back when he feels like it" I fake smile at her and she nods at me in agreement.
" what's going on between you two?" She asks Being nosy. I roll my eyes.
" I'm not sure yet" shrugging I feel the memories begin to tug at me. Willing me to remember just how much I love and miss Jax.
" don't give up sweetie. I mean really look at your father and I. Sometimes it really is worth it" she pulls me in for a hug that I so much needed.
" I love you mom"
" I love you too"

It's around the time Jax will be calling. I hold my phone in my hand gripping it tightly. Staring at the screen I curl up on the couch. Staring at the picture of Jax and I , smiling like two idiots as ice cream is smeared along our faces. He was always the one to make me laugh. As soon as I swiped to the next picture my phone vibrated and the incoming call screen popped up. It showed the same familiar number that I've answered for almost six months now. Accepting the call I hear Jax on the other line.
" hey babygirl" he breathes
" J" I say quietly. I didn't think I would get so emotional. I can't help but to miss him. All of this time apart and my love has only grown stronger for him.
" el , why are you breathing so hard? Are you crying baby? What's wrong?" He sounds worried and I can see the way his forehead crinkles in worry.
" I'm .. okay" I hiccup. Wiping my tears on the back of my hand and onto my leggings.
" hey .. it's okay baby I'm here tell me what's wrong" he soothes me softly. The man behind bars because of me , comforting me while I get to live freely. How pathetic of me. How wrong. How disgraceful.
" Jax I miss you so much I can't take it anymore I need you by me. I need you j" I sniffle and become increasingly upset.
" soon love. Only fifteen more days and I'll be home. Imagine us sitting on the couch like always , cuddled up and eating pizza. Us in the bedroom laying together" I can hear him reminiscing on our memories.
" oh j , I'm counting down the days. I used to hate you protecting me so much but I need it. I need it because I need you." Leaning my head into my hand I close my eyes as I listen to his voice.
" I'll always protect you. Always and no matter what. Even if I'm not there right now you are protected" he informs me with a smugness that I know all too well.
" what do you mean?" I ask curiously.
" I've got people babe , don't worry. You're safe no matter what"
" I love you" I like to tell him as much as
Possible now. It feels unreal to be able to say it and him know the exact meaning.
" I love you more ellie , my timer is running out okay? I'll talk to you soon alright? You be good and stay out of trouble or when I come back I'm going to burn your ass cherry red baby" I can hear the smirk thickly in his voice and the phone goes blank. I clutch my phone holding it to my chest as if I'm holding the most precious thing in the whole world. But I am. I'm holding onto Jax.
————————————

" answer the fucking door" I hear yelling outside of the dorm and I hop up quickly opening the door to see Isabel.
" what the hell isabel what's going on!?" I ask her as she rushes into the room and shuts the door. She locks it fast and looks at me.
" Jared is going to come to the door any minute. Don't answer it elizabeth. I'm not joking." Her eyes are wide and before I can ask what's wrong on the banging came. It's a wonder my damn door isn't broken by now. The poor thing is so abused. BANG BANG BANG. Jared's fists collide against my door harshly. Each time Isabel and I jump.
I pull her into my room and shut the door locking it as well.
" what the hell is going on" I ask with my hands crossed over my chest.
" I think Jared is doing something bad Elizabeth. Very bad , and I think Jax is too"
" open the fucking door or I'll kick it down!" Jared shouts angrily.
" what do you mean bad?"
" I think .. I think they are involved with-." Before she could get it out of her mouth the door busted down to an angry Jared. His fists were clenched and his face was red was a fire truck. Fuck , what the hell is going on!?