Confused beyond bounds (2 of 2)

Claudia's POV 

1st period has already ended and no sign of Daniel.

Is he sick? Wait! I shouldn't care! That means I'm free, no slavery for the day. It's practically my day off! I headed out the classroom when I bump into a horde of people and fall on my butt. What the heck? what's so special creating this much of a ruckus? 

" who is she?!"

"woah, that girl's hot."

"they look perfect!"

Who's who? people were now beginning to stampede on me and I just sighed, having been in this situation before, I know well that there is no escape. 

Suddenly, the cheering crowd came to a halt, ha! Mr. Poe probably appeared out of nowhere. Then, suddenly, the crowd in front of me began to split into two. I then realized that I was the only one on the stinking floor, before I could get up, it was too late.

A familiar hand was before me. I look up and see the guy who acted like Moses a few moments ago, Mr. Daniel Chase. 

A smile was threatening to break out and I was about to show gratitude and accept his hand when I saw another girl holding onto his other. 

She was long-legged, slender figure, gentle facial features and to put it simply, beautiful. 

I gazed consciously at my worn out shirt, faded jeans & dirty chucks, they were nothing compared to her 5 inch pumps, leather skater skirt and seemingly brand new top. 

Instead of accepting his offer, I stood by myself and walked away. I wouldn't want his girlfriend to hate me even if I'm obviously not competition. I know what kind of type his gf is, I've seen it in the movies. The type who's all goody-goody when the bf is there then morphs into a 7 foot rattle snake when he disappears. No way am I getting tangled in that one of a hell horror movie.

To clear my mind of confusion, I went up to the school's rooftop, it was basically abandoned. Some senior threw a party here years ago and trashed the place. No one cleaned the mess up, resulting to a revolting smell and just plain gross environment. I happened to stumble across the rooftop when I needed some place to go. Without any one's knowledge, I cleaned the place up and cleaned some more. 

My phone started vibrating in my pocket and I picked it up.

" Hello, my little bro. Haha, that rhymed!"

"Yeah, yeah. So, you alright?"

"What gave it away?"

" Well I don't know, maybe your text that said ' I'm so confused :((((((('?"

 "Oh well,that! oh! hahaha I totally meant nothing!" I say with a nervous laugh

Real smooth, Claudia. Smooth.

"Yeah, who're ya fooling? did you fall into a trash can again?" 

I redden at the memory, it looked like a scene from mean girls, well, moving on.

"No, I just don't know." 

I began telling Cas what happened about the whole Moses and hand thing.

"Wow!" he says whilst chuckling

"Why are you laughing!?"

" Well, he definitely is like Moses, since the lad split your heart in two!" he laughingly says

"Corny. but no! what do you mean? "

"My big sister is perhaps...jealous?" 

" What! N-"

"I've got to go, Clauds, bye."

And with that he hung up. Was there truth in his words or was he just kidding? What if I'm thinking too much? I want a red velvet cupcake.

"You're thinking awfully too much?"

I snap my head in the direction of the voice, wow, that hurt.

" What are you doing here, Daniel? " I try to say casually but ended up sounding irritated

he raised both his arms in a I-come-in-peace manner

"No reason. Julia met some new friends to hang with, so it's all good."

"Oh, so she's Julia? how long have you been together?"

He sat beside me and began chuckling

"Well, we've been together for practically our whole lives."

I see, it's a childhood sweetheart thing, yeah, they look so good together. I bet they're going to get married and be on magazines and ride their unicorns and fly over rainbows or something. 

"Since that's the case, you should go to her right now. She might miss hugging you or kissing you or whatever couples do."

He began laughing rather loudly

"My, my. Are you jealous Ms. Wylls?" yes, he didn't forget to put an emphasis on the jealous.

"I'm not! I actually think you guys are perfect for each other! Can't wait for you to get married and ride your unicorns."

"Ride what?" he says

I simply looked away, embarrassed that I had a sudden word vomit.

"Claudia, c'mon. Let's go to the cafeteria."

Before I could suggest otherwise, he took my hand in his and began running. Damn this boy! he looked effortless running, but I looked like a weirdo trying to keep up with his long legged glory. 

When Daniel opened the double doors, everybody turned silent and paid attention to him. I began to cower behind him, I hated it when all eyes were on me.

He let go of my hand and stood on a table, leaving me exposed. I stared wide eyed at everybody and began fumbling with my fingers. Damn it!

"Listen up everybody, I have an annoouncement to make,Julia, would you please come up here? You know which Julia I mean."

His girlfriend Julia appeared and stood on the table with Daniel's assistance.

"I would like all of you to meet Julia! My sister! Just to clear up any confusion, JEALOUSY and whatnot." He said "jealousy" looking at me

I'm really really embarrassed right now, I can't even explain it.

The crowd, particulary the blood thirsty females began cheering profusely. Since the crowd were at their pinnacle, I slowly backed away and out of the door, most unconspicuously. 

When I was finally at the empty hallway, I began to pull my hair, still wide-eyed. 

"OH MY GOD! I WAS LIKE THEN SHE'S HIS GAAAAH RELATED STUPID ME AHHHHHH!"  

Me and my gigantic mouth. I was about to bang my head on the locker when someone put their arm around my shoulders and pulled me away.

Why does this dude keep finding me at my lowest and most embarrassed state? 

"Marry my sister, huh? ride unicorns?" He says with a cheeky grin

I pull away from his hold, muster up the courage and faced him

"HA HA! I obviously knew, I just wanted to see if you'd continue lying to me!" I smiled thinking my answer would do the trick!

"I wasn't lying! just spare yourself some dignity and admit that you were jealous." 

"lalalala can't hear you!" I stuck my fingers in my ears and ran away

I heard him laugh and chase after me.

_________________________________________________________

Updated: March 02, 2015

-invisbilityink