Wonder

Read the A/N below, please! :*

Claudia's POV

Walking without his arm wrapped around my waist seems so foreign. I was walking down the hallway, on my way to the library, my sneakers squeaking against the polished floor, I hate that sound. It feels so weird that I've grown so accustomed to Daniel, I wondered where he was. Maybe he skipped school again, did a prank or got detention. Or maybe all three. Sometimes I forget that my boyfriend is a bad boy, maybe because he's always been so adorably nice to me, well, most of the time anyway.

Without meaning to, I bumped into someone. Papers were in the air as I desperately tried to reach for them, "I'm so sorry!!!" I say multiple times, collecting the fallen paper and books on the ground.

"It's fine," the boy said

He stared at me, probably annoyed.

He was Seth Craig, the school's Math genius. He was so isolated to everyone, a bit like me but even worse. The Math Club room is almost like his second home, I bet he even has a change of clothes in there. Despite his deemed "geek" status, he didn't look the part. Oh no, he certainly did not.

At first glance, you'd assume he was an athlete, not too bulky but not scrawny. He wore glasses and had his chestnut brown hair down. He was cute, awkward but nonetheless cute. I remember when I almost had a teeny-weeny crush on Seth, up until we got paired during Algebra, I made a mistake and he went haywire on me, suffice to say, I thanked the heavens we were in different sections this year.

As I was handing him his Volume 2 of "Advance Calculus for Prodigies" by Troy Go Nometri, he held my hand as he got it, which shocked me a bit. Someone cleared their throat behind us.

"Excuse me," the unknown guy said in a mocking tone

"But please don't touch my girlfriend," Daniel tried to say politely, but it was nowhere near polite. Possessive-ness was seeping through the venom in his voice.

"Daniel," I said in a stern voice, warning him

He looked my way with a bored expression, gone was my fluffy teddy bear, right now, he was the bad boy. I inwardly sighed.

"The hand contact was completely unnecessary. You and I both know it, Clauds." He was right but he was being too mean to the poor fellow

"No touching my girlfriend, bud." Daniel said

Daniel reached for my hand, gently holding my hand in his. As we walked away, Daniel spoke "No looking either, dipsh*t." He angrily spat.

"Daniel, that's enough!"

Thank the heavens that the hallway was deserted.

He gently pushed me by the lockers, his hands on my shoulders, looking at me with such intensity.

"Don't you know you're beautiful? Didn't you see the way he was looking at you?"

"So beautiful." He closed the distance between us and left a lingering kiss on my forehead.

"Mine." He whispered in my ear.

Possessive jerk. I'd be lying if I told you I didn't feel giddy inside though.

--

"Daniel. I don't want to!!!" I yelled

What happened exactly? Let me take you back.

"Claudiaaaaaaaa!"

"Claudiaaaaaaaaaaa"

"What!" I snapped

Daniel's head was on my lap, I was trying to read a book but this doof, kept poking my cheek. It was lunch break and we sat by the oak tree, resting underneath its shade.