speech sparks

Claudia's POV

I trudged down the stairs, still weary from sleep. I don't understand why school has to start early, I'm sure everyone is sleep deprived, even the teachers. Starting school later than usual will benefit the teachers, utility personnel, and the student body!

"Morning," Daniel said, munching on some Kellog's

Dad was cooking pancakes with a floral apron, Cas was beside him eating the finished products. If people were here they'd probably slap their faces a million times to actually believe that the DANIEL CHASE was in my home, on the kitchen counter, eating kellog's. I could imagine the headlines already.

"Future Multi-billionaire heir, Daniel Chase, eats breakfast at local girl's house"

Or some sort of crazy-driven title. But yeah, people are gonna wonder why he's in my home. The thing is, Daniel has been bringing me to and from school, bringing me to the park, buying me gifts, dragging me away from the bookstore, and even nursing my swollen forehead when I walked into the glass panel at the mall.

I'm not entirely sure of my feelings for him but I know that it's there, sometimes, I just want to accept my feelings but I'm scared, who am I compared to him? He could walk away from me forever and no will give even the slightest of sympathy because the honest truth is that, once you're an outcast, once you are hated, your downfall is meant to be their celebration not their chance to help you in your demise.

I looked at Daniel and realized how he made everything change. I'm looking forward to waking up, going to school and it's as if my mouth is ripping due to smiling 24/7. I guess this what he does to me. Basically the, "Daniel Effect".

He smiled at me, purposely showing the flakes in between his teeth. He made himself look crazy but to me he only looked crazy..adorable.

____

Ever since Daniel has been present, I found it harder and harder each day to get ready. I usually get ready in 15 minutes tops but now? I take almost 30 minutes.

I cursed myself for having spent my extra money on art supplies, telescopes and books, I wish I bought even a bit of decent clothes, mom would have a heart attack seeing my empty void of a closet.

In the end, I chose a white shirt, pale blue jeans and royal blue flats that matched my satchel.

I tied my hair into a bun, or at least I tried to, it ended up looking messy but not the pretty kind but I couldn't care less, time's a ticking.

Filled my bag with necessities, handkerchief, a small bottle of sanitizer, my phone, house key then wallet and things for school.

I ran to the front door, nervous that I kept Daniel waiting.

----

As I closed the distance between Daniel's car and I, I could faintly see his figure slouching on his Italian-made leather seat. I was about to open the car door when the honk of his car blared, resonating throughout the street and nearly causing my eardrums to combust.

Daniel got out of the car and opened my door for me.

What the actual fig.

"um,"

"You're going to leave blots on the handle." He simply said

If you could visualize a Kirsten Stewart poker face and a grumpy cat hybrid, that'd be my expression right now.

---

On second period, we had English class, I had this class with Daniel.

"I want all of you to either write a eulogy or a goodbye speech, you will be given 15 minutes," Ms. Squibbs said