❁Chapter 6❁

Chapter 6

Two weeks passed and classes weren't on Bea's mind. For a few days, James allowed himself the hope that she was getting better and soon she would be herself again, but he knew not to believe in something so unrealistic for longer than he had, it would've consumed him.

Bea didn't have a nightmare as she slept after the night she kissed James, she slept so near him that night in her dorm that it was as though he was shielding her from her own thoughts, that she could sleep peacefully and he was there to help her.

She knew she needed him, she really did, she just wished she didn't need him as much.

She didn't talk much unless she was in the right mood, and when she was talking she only talked to two people, James...and Beau. It was very clear that her friends were pissed, sometimes the pain in Remus' eyes was switched to anger, a tiny flicker when he caught her talking to the boy - replying, and sometimes reacting instead of being still and silent.

Violet's heart shattered when she realised her friend found comfort in a stranger rather than her and she longed to talk to her, to reach out and be there but she was too scared to. Sirius didn't regret putting salt in Beau's tea one morning just to see the smirk on his lips fade because Bea was his friend, she was his Bea and this boy he didn't know wasn't taking her from him. Peter was silent always, just watching with anger and annoyance and he wished to approach her, he longed to because he wanted his best friend back more than anything.

Bea hadn't seen Bertie, not at dinner, not during the day or anytime as she wandered, she didn't see him. He avoided her because he couldn't bear it, he couldn't bear the sight of her and every time he passed her and she didn't notice, it broke his heart even more.

She wished for her friends to say something to her, to finally snap and shout and scream their heads off at her about her reasoning to talk to Beau and not them. She didn't care if they created a scene or if they called her every insult under the sun but they weren't helping with their silence, it made it worse in more ways than one.

She was with Beau currently and he was talking a mile a minute whilst her focus was on the canvas in front of her. She couldn't paint well as much as she'd liked too but it did clear her mind, Beau said all she needed was practice and when she asked how he would know he merely told her he was incredible at the piano.

"Your friend is fucking hot by the way," Beau commented as she streaked blues for the sky, dark blues and light blues contrasted on the canvas and she almost had the pleasure of not hearing him but it floated through her ear.

"Which one?" was her answer and it was as quiet as usual and the dungarees that splattered with more paint than the canvas would need to be washed more than she liked to admit.

"Short haired, kinda broody, sexy-"

"Merlin." She cut him off, throwing him a glare, "Violet, then?"

"So, you got it at sexy, huh?" he smirked, throwing her a wink and she rolled her eyes, flipping him off and turning back to her canvas.

"You won't get far with that," Bea said. She decided to have a sort of 'fuck it' attitude when it came to painting, so when her paintbrush wasn't cleaning how she wanted it to, she merely leaned over and painted a long streak of paint down Beau's arm.

"Was that necessary?" he asked, glaring at the girl who didn't smile or make any indication of what she did until after a very long minute of his glaring, she winked and turned around.

"Also, Phoebe - yes, I know your full name, sue me, I am simply irresistible so why wouldn't I get far?" she rolled her eyes wishing to dump the entire bucket of paint over his head but she would be lying if she said she didn't like his company.