❁Chapter 18❁

[its 3 ℃ and i'm waiting for someone to pick me up in the pouring rain from college cos i was forgotten about pls feel sorry for me]

Chapter 18

The following weeks after Killian's confession was so hectic that Bea had broken down four times from such overwhelming demand of what she had done and what had to be done. Killian was sixteen and Macy was pressing charges against him which had her making a statement to the auror's who arrived at the castle to talk to her.

She held onto Bea's hand the entire time and when the auror's asked the worst of the questions, Beau growled that she was only twelve and hardly had time to process everything. Bea saw Macy as a younger sister, and so did Beau.

He made a vow to himself and to her that he would protect her no matter what, that he would never let anyone else lay a finger on her and she believed him and hugged him tightly.

She had performed the cruciatus curse on him, an illegal curse - it was forbidden, and she was on the line of expulsion, not to mention the use of Veritaserum that wasn't helping her cause.

"Do you understand how serious this is, Phoebe?"

She glared at Dumbledore's desk, jaw stiff and eyes narrowed, "do you understand how serious rape is?"

"Well yes, I do-"

"I did what was right."

"I didn't say otherwise, but if you had alerted Professor Sprout then maybe something would have been done that excluded you from such accusations," Dumbledore said, "you can trust us to help, Phoebe. You do not need to go through this alone."

She took a deep breath, and James ran his finger over the back of her hand to indicate that he was there no matter what, "I have a problem...with authority."

"Bea-"

"I'm sorry, Professor Sprout," she choked out, finally meeting the woman's eye, "you...saved me. That night in my room...the plant you gave me as a gift was the one that sealed me and pulled me back to life and I have never thought of how I could thank you for that.

And right now, I'm not doing a good job, but I do not have a problem with you - because I owe you my life.

But I have a problem with auror's and people of power and people who say that they will help you when they won't!"

"Bea-"

"Of course, you'd look into it! maybe interview Killian and see what he had to say and then push Macy into even more pain and trauma because you're forcing her to relive what happened to her. But you won't have enough evidence and you wouldn't use your supposedly smart brains to even think of using Veritaserum, so it would get dropped, and Killian could have gone after her again and his boyfriend wouldn't have known the monster he was, and Macy would fall into a pit of loathing because nothing happened!"

"B-"

"Do not interrupt me!" she bellowed, standing, "if people of authority actually did their job right then maybe I could trust them! But the person...the man...the - Fenrir Greyback! The man who fucking raped and attempted to murder me is still out there.

He is free, he is roaming somewhere untouched by the ministry and untouched by the auror's and it has been months...months and he's not found, and he's living such a wonderful life and look how he's left me! so don't tell me that you would do all you can because authority is just a word but taking action is something completely different!"

She received detention until Christmas for what she did.

The number of rules she had broken, and she left the room with no expulsion and she didn't care, and she knew that she would show up to every single detention because she felt obligated to show the Professors that she was grateful for everything they did, and for the fact that they were now taking action for Macy's justice and she hoped that Killian would rot in a cell for the rest of his life.