❁Chapter 40❁

Chapter 40

It was a day of disbelief for Bea, for the girl who could hardly speak on the train just last year and now she was smiling so brightly with nothing but happiness inside of her, and she was sure she could feel the happiness around her.

It was as if such happiness could only be brought together with everyone she knew. She found herself reflecting most of the time...found herself thinking of her friends and her year and how completely and totally in love with James Potter she was.

She hardly knew what she would do without her friends, but she had realised that as much as her friends had played a part in who she was...she didn't need them to grow. Of course, she needed them to be there because they were a part of her happiness, but they weren't the reason she was able to cure herself.

She wasn't sick in the first place, she wasn't different or wrong or abnormal...she was sad and unhappy and terrified for rightful reasons, but she had grown above that - she had brought herself back and grown past everything because she could.

She wasn't the girl she was last year, but she still lived inside of her and Bea would always be kind, she couldn't not be kind, it was just who she was. She hated the thought of being unkind because there was no reason to be mean.

It was draining to be mean, she would never go out of her way to be mean to someone who didn't deserve it, but she had grown and learned that it wasn't mean to be unkind to those who did deserve it - that sometimes killing people with kindness can only go so far and sometimes she had to use different ways in order to get it through to people that she wasn't going to let them walk all over her.

She knew that in previous years, people took advantage of her for her kindness. They walked over her and used it to their own benefit because they could, and she wouldn't stop them...she would let them walk all over her as she didn't do anything to stop it.

But it wasn't like that now, she wasn't like that now - she couldn't be. She had grown far too much to never let anyone walk over her and she had a goal in life apart from her future. She had a goal to travel the world, a realistic goal that she would work towards.

But a war was looming, and no matter how much she wanted to ignore it and sometimes she selfishly did ignore it, she would fight as much as she could. She would slaughter anyone who got in her way, who tried to hold her back and during that war she had set herself another goal.

She would kill the man who stripped her of her happiness, from her most defining feature for a year, for too long a time because he wanted to, and she couldn't stop him. She had the scars, the wounds and the injustice and she would go after him if it was the last thing she ever did.

And she would watch the life drain from his eyes with happiness in her own.

"Well, Gerald," she sighed, clapping her hands and turning to her Bowtruckle, "I think we have everything."

She looked around her room.

She had one last thing she had to do before she would take her trunk to the courtyard, and she had to get Gerald ready too. James was sure it wasn't fair that whenever he couldn't sleep over in her room, that he should at least get Gerald, but she didn't exactly like that idea.

"If I can't have both of my boys, I get at least one of them," she frowned, head tilted, "since when don't you sleep with me?"

Of course, at her words, Sirius thought it wise to shout his crude words and before Bea could even think to flip him off or shout at him - Remus bet her to it, smacking him upside the head and ranting to him that he was being an arse.