❁Chapter 19❁

[you know the drill i'm not supposed to be updating blah blah blah]

Chapter 19

"How is Bertie?" James asked as he pulled on Bea's hand, allowing her to fall onto the couch beside him with Sirius to the other side, "I'm positive it was his crying I could hear."

"Can't blame him though," Lily whispered, fury lacing her tone, "if I had known-"

"I think if we all had known," Remus cut her off, squeezing the girl's hand, "then he wouldn't stand a chance."

"He didn't stand a chance when Bea found out," Sirius said, and she turned to offer him the smallest of smiles.

"We haven't all been together for so long," Bea whispered, leaning into James with his arm around her and her legs over Sirius, "I miss it."

"We miss you," Violet said, leaning over to squeeze your hand, "and you have no idea how glad we are that you got out without expulsion."

"It was pity," she rolled her eyes, "it's not like I'm using their sympathy to my advantage but if I had to do what I did to Killian again I would."

"The only difference is that we would be there to help," Lily piped in. It was very clear to Bea that Lily wished to speak about something...or rather, someone.

"Something wrong, Lils?" Bea asked, pushing herself further into James who leaned down to press a kiss to her head.

"Wha- oh...no, nothing," she smiled, shifting on the armchair and scraping her hand through her long hair, "how is...how is your friend Beau? He looked pretty furious."

"Oh," Bea would've smirked if she wasn't terribly exhausted, "he's alright...he told me to thank you for him actually."

"He did?" she squeaked out, eyes wide, and Bea thought it was entirely adorable.

"He saw you with Macy," Bea said, "it was a really nice thing you did, taking her away from that."

"She didn't need to see it," Lily sighed, "how is she?"

"She's alright. She's been coping on her own so long that the very thought of talking about it is far too overwhelming, but she's still coping," Bea sighed, "she got justice, and that's great but it doesn't stop what happened to her."

"Do you want to talk about something else?" whispered James in her ear when he watched her throat bobbed and her eyes glaze ever so slightly, and she silently nodded, "so we were talking about O.W.Ls."

"You were?" Bea asked, wide-eyed. She hated the thought of her owls, the fact that she was certain she would only pass one was terrifying her, but she wasn't sure she was entirely ready to go back to classes, though she really did need to.

"The boys and I still have all of our study notes from last year," James said, and the three others nodded, "so we've put them all together for you."

Her eyes lifted to him, and her lips parted, and he only smiled at her, squeezing her hand tightly, "course Lils gave us her potions notes for you because the rest of us are utter shit, so she contributed too."

Her eyes snapped to Lily who smiled with a nod, and she could feel her eyes brimming with tears she didn't want to let spill. Her friends had a way of surprising her with their love that she could feel her aching heart healing with every second she sat there.

Sirius moved suddenly when the first tear fell and wrapped his arms around her so tightly that her muffled sobs could hardly be heard. She clung to him, gripping onto his shirt and allowing him to stroke her hair with quiet whispers of how much he loved her and how much their friends loved her and would do anything for her.