❁Chapter 27❁

Chapter 27

Bea was sure that the Christmas break went in so quickly that whenever she blinked, days would pass before she opened her eyes again. On New Years Eve, her friends held a party in the Gryffindor common room and she helped Beau charm Remus' record player that he had sneaked into the castle to play their favourite muggle records.

But really, half of her and Remus' time was spent arguing over which song to play next.

The other half was spent dancing with her friends and drinking fire whiskey from the bottles that Sirius and Peter had elaborately stolen. It seemed rats tails were very useful to pick locks, considering charms were placed upon Filch's cupboard that alerted the use of the alohomora spell, and Peter had tried it a few times.

Sirius was raving about the boy as they returned to the common room, shouting praises that his animagus was the best out of all of theirs when he was alone with the boys and everyone else couldn't hear him and even telling Bea who cheered for the boy blushing whilst he laughed and handed bottles to their friends.

James was rather clingy when he was drunk, Bea noticed - and she had also realised that it was the most adorable thing. When Remus decided he wanted to dance with his boyfriend, he had put on a slow song and pushed Lily out of the way of Sirius just so he could dance with him.

Lily ended up dancing with Beau, and neither of them were complaining.

Bertie, Vi and Peter all danced together, trying to figure out if it was possible for the three of them to slow dance altogether and it worked out quite well.

But Bea was happier than ever as she danced with James, her head on his shoulder and his nuzzled into her neck, whispering compliments with every kiss on her skin, and when the clock struck midnight, neither of them let go of the kiss they shared, ending up getting shouted at by their groaning friends whilst Bea merely flipped them off and wrapped her arms tighter around his neck.

The carriages with the other students returning from Christmas break had just arrived at the castle and as she walked down the hallway with Violet on her way to the great hall, she wasn't sure if the unsettling feeling in her stomach should be there or not.

She didn't know why she was nervous about the return of her peers, there was just something nice about the quietness of the castle that had her already missing it. She wondered if when she was older she would be able to afford a castle of the same size that she could share with all of her friends, it sounded like a nice thought that put a smile on her face instead of the frown.

Thinking of her future was always able to ease her because she could have one. She was going to have a future, she didn't sacrifice that opportunity all those months ago and she could say proudly that she was ready to live her life any way she wanted.

She knew that the wizarding world was scary, that her sadness was terrifying and the fact that she almost died was always going to be a possibility in years to come because of the looming presence of the battle against muggleborn's.

She would fight when she left school, she had decided that not long ago. Because she had a best friend who was a muggleborn, and she knew muggleborn's and regardless of if she knew any or not, it was the right thing to do.

Her mother was a muggle, and she was such an incredible woman and she had muggle blood in her veins and regardless of that - no one deserved to be fought against for something they couldn't control.

"Where are the boys?" asked Violet as they walked, arms linked and smiles on their lips and Bea shrugged.

"I think they're setting up for an elaborate prank on Severus Snape. Just before the holidays he was being particularly nasty to a few muggleborn's and Sirius caught him," Bea said.