Chapter 17

A/N Sorry, family life has been complicated and ideas were hard to come by :/

Third person
Amaimon sat silently, awaiting the return of his mate. He had been gone all of twenty minutes, but given the situation, it was long enough to worry him.
His heart thrummed painfully against his chest, fear and worry coursing through his veins.
If Rin had indeed lost the child, how would the half demon cope?
Hearing a door creak open, he sprang from his seat and toward the door, recognising Yukio's relieved face immediately.
"I thought you'd left. I'm glad you didn't." He smiled softly, a tear dropping from his left eye.
Amaimon gulped, nodding as his mouth dried of all moisture.
He pushed past Yukio, entering the room to see Rin curled up under the covers of the bed.
"Rin?" He called out, emitting a small whine. Rin's head popped up and gazed at Amaimon with glossy eyes.
"Rin? Are you alright? What's going on?" Amaimon panicked, rushing to curl around his mate.
"I-I.."
"Rin? What is it? Are you in pain-"
"They're okay." Rin burst into tears, hiccuping and choking on them.
"Th-they're? Who?" The green haired demon pulled away slightly, reaching to wipe his mates' tears.
"Th-the babies. Both of them, they're okay!" Rin smiled up at Amaimon, who teared up with a smile.
"That's amazing! I'm so happy!" Rin was lifted into the air suddenly. He squealed at Amaimon, scrunching up his face.
"Ah...sorry... I'm just...so happy....relieved...fucking in love." Amaimon lowered Rin, placing his head in the crook of his neck.
"Don't swear around the babies. They'll catch it."