Chapter 9 - Jack Frost?

Elsa's POV ~

"PITCH! YOU'RE WRONG!"

    The boy who shouted flew above me and swiped his staff at whom he called 'Pitch' then flicked it towards me, immediately crushing the sandy horses into little pieces of ice.

Ice?

Who is that?
Who could have the same power?

Wait.

Could it be?

No.
He's just a tale.

Or is he?

"My my, somehow I did expect that but am still surprised you're back so soon. How."
Pitch said.

Jack Frost stood a couple feet in front of me with his back turned.

"Because you're not as powerful as you thought. Yes, I do have my fears but seeing people get hurt, well, it definitely wipes it away. Now, let's end this. I've already called the Guardians, they're coming. Just you see Pitch, just as you've grown, we have too."
He stated.

Pitch laughed.

"Are you sure about that Jack? It's been quite awhile since you did call them. I know. You forget sand is everywhere. Especially if there is a cut and it happens to be running in your veins."

At the exact moment, Jack screamed in pain and fell to the ground, clutching his blue hoodie where his heart is.

"Frost!"
I yelled and fell down to him.

There, we met eye contact.
He blinked hard rapidly before looking up at me. His icy blue eyes, detailed with familiar snowflakes, told a different story than what he replied and did.
He smiled.

"I-I-I'm fine."
He managed to whisper before screaming again and collapsing to the ground.

I looked up at Pitch who was laughing.

"Wow what a hero, Jack Frost. Couldn't protect 2 mortals. Isn't that sweet Queen Elsa? Maybe there is some hope for you, unfortunately unavailable. There's nothing left to do but-,"

    Pitch dropped the smile and struggled to make out his next words.

    "Well, seems like... I've underestimated you... Jack... freezing from within...,"
    He said looking at Jack who was now still.

    "And it seems like you've overestimated yourself."
    Another voice called.

    I turned to find a large man with a giant red coat and long white beard, standing proudly in front of his incredibly large sleigh.
Just behind him were his 2 companions: a large bunny and a flying green fairy.
Pitch curved into a small smile.

"Did I?"

He grit his teeth and no longer shook.
Jack on the other hand...
I felt him go limp.

"It was a mistake coming for royalty. GUARDIANS, GO!"
The big man in red shouted.

Similarly, he looked like Santa Claus.
The "guardians" moved at great speed toward Pitch who quickly backed up behind his new army of sandy horses.

"Hi! He's okay, he just fainted for exhausting his energy. You protect you and your sister inside!"

The fairy had flown to my side and was checking on Jack Frost. But she stopped smiling once she touched his heart.

"Cold..."
I heard her whisper.

I looked up at Anna, who was still frozen in place, then back to the boy.

"Help me bring them in, they'll be safer inside!"
I told the fairy.

She nodded and grabbed him from behind and lifted her arms under his. I did the same with Anna.
We quickly shuffled to the doors and saw no guard standing. I lifted a hand and pushed the door open.
A wave of warmth welcomed the guests as it pushed forward.
We continued to drag them up the stairs and to the hallway of vacant rooms.

"4 doors down, put him in there,"
I nodded towards the direction.

She nodded in reply and fluttered her wings down.
I opened Anna's room and laid her on the bed.

"Oh Anna i'm sorry. Again, I couldn't protect you..."

I looked down at her open eyes and wide mouth.

"Queen Elsa, please come!"
The fairy stood at the doorway and quickly darted back to Jack Frost's room.

I followed her.
Jack was the bed in a curved position. Limp and still.

"He's cold a-a-nd i've never experienced this before."

She was shaking.

I sat on the edge of the bed and lay my hand on his heart.
She wasn't wrong, but it's not too serious.
I had felt his heart slowly begin to beat again as it filled with warmth.

"He just tried to freeze his heart to destroy the sand but almost took it too far. I could feel it... thawing...I guess he's fine."
I replied calmly.

How did it melt? The only way could be true love or power but...he's unconscious.

If he hadn't been okay, it would've been my fault for having killed a man who protected me.
She sighed in relief and grabbed his right hand.

"Thank you. I'll check on your sister, I know what to do."
She swiftly flew out.

I looked down at the Jack Frost.
His dark blue hoodie, trimmed with icy snowflakes, moving up and down with breaths, his white hair falling perfectly in its permanent form, his pale skin seemingly glittery. He was magical.
So the stories were true. The story of Jack Frost and his immortal state of bringing winter and happiness across the globe. He was here, in the castle, in the room, under my hand.
Jack Frost, a mystery figure who never seems to find happiness and satisfaction in his adventures.
Jack Frost, an enigma of a man who I have yet to discover.

•🐮•

Yeah yeet, Elsa finally saw Jack up close and personal, AND HE SAVED HER AWWWWWW. So many things happening. Im excited.

Okay so I miss a week and come back to alot of news GUYS IM GRATEFUL AND HAPPY THAT YOU LOVE THIS❤️

Happy Thanksgiving!

•🐮•