Chapter 2:

Borg Industries: 

The room we walked through was filled with kids sitting in chairs playing virtual reality games, racing games, fighting games; you name it, they had it. 

"Mr. Borg believes technology is the key to making dreams come true," P.I.X.A.L explained; the students were in awe, gasping and pointing at different technological advancements that excited them. 

"Even now, he is working on a Digiverse where the gamer will be digitally scanned in to take gaming to another level." 

"Whoa!" one of the girls, Marla, exclaimed, "They have a Perfect Match machine!" 

"What's...Perfect Match?" Nya queried as she and I joined Marla and the other girls, who all crowded eagerly around the machine.

"It's the latest craze," the brunette informed, "It finds your perfect match with flawless results; you should try it, Miss Nya!" 

My noirette friend smiled, stepping up to the machine.

"I doubt a machine could know someone's--" she continued, only to be interrupted by the console itself.

"Hello, Nya," the machine greeted, "You are an independent, self-confident young woman who refuses to be in a boys' club; analyzing match now." 

"Of course it's gonna be Mr. Jay!" one of the girls concluded, seemingly restraining a squeal. 

I gave Nya a teasing grin.

Our smiles disappeared when Cole's face popped up on the machine through a blue hologram. 

Nya frantically turned to the girls. 

"Promise you will not tell anyone!" she quickly demanded.

"Maybe, it's broken," Marla assumed, "Miss Bree, you try it!" 

"Yeah," I agreed, "broken...please be broken." 

I swallowed, stepping up to the console. 

"Hello, Bree," the console greeted once more, "You are a fearless, strong young woman who thinks quickly in the midst of a situation; analyzing match now." 

"Hold your breath, girls." Nya spoke; I could tell she was as worried as I was.

"Guys, it might just be busted," I assured, "Heck, the thing may be rigged for all we know; what's the worse that could happen?" 

When Kai's face appeared on the hologram, I clocked out.

***

The Factory Line: 

Nya and I couldn't help but look at each other in worry when I finally awoke; watching as P.I.X.A.L led the kids, who were now together as a group with us, my stomach did somersaults. 

Sure, I had feelings for Kai. I had no problem admitting that, but this? This was a whole different story.
I could tell that Nya was debating with herself and I rested my hand on her shoulder.

"Maybe, that machine is just busted," I reassured, "don't worry about it; besides, since when have we ever just blindly bowed to a machine?" 

It was great advice, but I seemed unable to take it myself.
Nya frowned but nonetheless nodded.

"And, this is the Factory Line," P.I.X.A.L continued, "where--" 

Something happened. She turned to us with glowing red eyes.
We whipped our heads around and the machines were going haywire. 

"This will be the end of your tour." 

Our eyes widened and the kids went nuts. Nya and I immediately charged; the machines seemed to be targeting the students.