Chapter 8:

Borg Industries: 

We watched as P.I.X.A.L. opened holographic screens in front of the guys' faces. 

"Remember," Borg continued, "I wrote the code but he controls it; his turf, his rules. I'll do my best to keep you hidden from here, but the longer you go unnoticed, the better chance you have to succeed." 

I slowly began to grow nervous as I watched them getting all readied up for this. If the Digital Overlord won and they didn't come back from the game...

I tried to shake away those thoughts as I fixed my gaze on Zane and P.I.X.A.L.. 

"Be careful in there." she instructed. 

"I will come back to you." Zane responded. She smiled before opening the hologram in front of him. 

"Prepare for entry!" Cyrus ordered. 

"How do we know this is gonna work and won't disintegrate us instantly?" Kai asked. Borg looked away. 

I...decided to let the expert handle this. 

"Hmm, I'm not sure," Borg answered.

"Let's see." 

He pushed the switch on the window sill without even so much as a warning; seconds later, the ninja were unconscious. 

---

P.I.X.A.L. smiled as she checked the guys' holograms. 

"Vitals are strong." she informed. 

"So far, so good," said Cyrus, "He hasn't detected them, yet." 

"I wouldn't jinx it," I chimed in, "For all we know, those droids are still down there." 

"Yes, but nothing bad about having hope, is there?" he asked; I smiled as he began typing away on a computer with a grin. 

"They're doing it!" he cheered, "They're mastering the digital world! I must buy them more time to--OOF!" 

My eyes widened as we turned to see a huge spider-like machine. It had pointed legs and a seat sat open in its center.

"Oh, my legs!" Borg yelped as Nya and I charged, "They're back!" 

"These are your legs?!" I questioned in shock. 

"It is a long and complex story!" he answered. 

"Stay with them!" Nya ordered P.I.X.A.L., "If the Overlord finds them in the system, it's all over!" 

P.I.X.A.L. ran back to the computer near the guys. 

"...He's already found them." 

---

"The ninja!" P.I.X.A.L. called as we wrestled back Cyrus's "legs". I looked back to see red dots glowing on their holograms, "They're being consumed by the corrupted program!" 

I hitched my breath.

"We're all a bit...consumed!" Nya remarked. 

"We couldn't stop them!" we heard Postman call, before all eyes turned to the monitor, "They're coming up! This time, the Postman does not deliver!" 

He was tackled by a Nindroid and the camera went off. I ran over to the guys' seats and gave Kai's shoulders a shake. 

"Kai, wake up!" I yelled, before moving to Cole's seat, and doing the same.

"Come on, you gotta wake up!" I yelled; I grabbed Jay's wrist, yanking at it. I slapped Zane's cheek lightly.

None of them were budging.