Chapter 12:

Center of the Comet:

We had been packed into that rover again to follow Cryptor and his army as they drove along with the weapons tied in a net; the Nindroids had been shooting at us as we followed behind them. 

"Sensei meant instead of focusing on how wrong things are, focus on what's right!" Lloyd explained, "We have to think positive; those parasites aren't just a menace, they're a weapon! Attack!" 

The bugs seemed to hear him and began flying towards the vehicles in front of us; a few rovers had actually been flipped over -- thanks to the bugs' nuisance -- while others seemed to crash.

There was a large gap ahead of us. Our eyes widened at seeing it as Lloyd continued driving ahead.
One vehicle crashed and blew up, after jumping it.
We screamed as our rover was next...

...when it landed, we cheered. 

"Now, let's go get that launch key!" Kai instructed as the chase to Cryptor continued; the boys hopped over to Cryptor's vehicle using Spinjtzu as I stayed back with Lloyd. 

"I got it!" Kai informed after a visit to Cryptor's seat, "Let's get outta here! Ninja, go!" 

He flew back to our rover and we drove along. We watched Cryptor's rover flip and sped past him with smiles on our faces as we laughed our way to the rocket. 

---

We cheered, ready to go home and leave Cryptor with the weapons forever. 

"We're home-free!" 

The celebration was short-lived; when we got back, the rocket was in complete ruins, courtesy of the bugs. 

"The rocket," said Lloyd. "It's...destroyed."

"Then, how are we gonna get home?" 

"There's no way back."

"You're not the only ones who can adapt!" Cryptor yelled, and we whipped our heads around to see him with the weapons.
We watched rockets on his feet launch him from the ground as he and a few Nindroids flew back.

"So long, ninja!"

Then, they were gone. 

"No..." 

"They got away," Kai spoke into his intercom, "We failed; I repeat: they got the Golden Weapons." 

"Are you on the rocket?" Nya asked, "Can you stop them?"

"No, the ship is destroyed..." the brunet answered.

I watched as his lips form a grim line.

"...We're not coming home." 

---

"Ugh, these bugs just keep coming!" Kai complained as he shot a round of fire at the incoming parasites, "but we are going nowhere!" 

"Nya, there's no way we're getting off this planet," Jay concluded, "Any last words, my darling?" 

"How about, "it was always you, Cole! I won't be able to carry on without you!"" 

"Now is not the time for that!" Nya scolded, "Can't I care for both of you?! Now, just don't give up."

"My dad was right," Lloyd spoke defeatedly, "I should've never given up my Golden power! We could've all been home; now, the Overlord has all he needs to become the Golden Master!" 

"Don't say that!" Garmadon scolded, "I was wrong; you must trust your friends, trust yourself."

"Search for the power within," Sensei instructed, "and then realize the greatness within each other."