Chapter 13:

The Temple of Fortitude: 

"Are we sure this is gonna protect us?" Kai asked. We'd been asked to grab old armor used by the Stone Warriors, back during the Stone Wars. 

"If the Overlord's Stone Warriors used this against the First Spinjitzu Master," said Garmadon, "I see no reason why we can't use it against those exact same powers!" 

"Here, you take it." Zane offered to P.I.X.A.L.. 

"No, you are vital to this mission," she refused, "Don't worry about me." 

Zane frowned. 

"I shall see you, again." P.I.X.A.L. added, giving him a smile. 

I had been in a bit of a corner struggling to fit a shoulder piece. The hothead of the group seemed to catch onto my toils, because he sauntered over with a grin on his face. 

"Here." he said, taking my arms and helping me adjust the piece.

"Heh, I guess I'm not the best with vintage fashion." I joked. 

"Could be medieval." 

"If you see it that way..."

I'm guessing Kai noticed the look on my face; he took my hand, resting his free arm on my shoulder.

"We'll make it, alright?" he reassured as I looked to the floor of the temple. 

"And...what if we don't?"

"Then, we'll find another way." 

I looked up at him. 

"...There's always another way."

The fire ninja gave a soft smile; I nodded reluctantly. 

Our attention was suddenly drawn to the rest of the group when we heard pounding on the doors to the temple.

"Zane," Garmadon called, "Zane, we have to go!" 

"Hey, the seal!" Lloyd called, "It's broken!" 

We made a beeline out the front door, using our Spinjitzu as Nya distracted the attacking Nindroids. 

"Ninja...go!" 

---

New Ninjago City: 

All heads turned swiftly towards the large hand behind us, made up of debris and garbage. I blocked my face as it came crashing down on us, only to shatter onto the roof where we stood.

I was dumbfounded, and I'm sure the rest of the team could say the same. 

"I don't believe it! The armor's working!" Cole exclaimed.

"Keep going!" Jay encouraged, "We have to take the heat off the Senseis!" 

We ran along the Overlord's golden web that interconnected between buildings; cutting a few of them, we continued on our way, determined to take out the enemy directly.
A large wall of cars stood in front of us.
We simply ran through, not even blinking as the cars went airborne. 

It wasn't long before the Golden Master appeared before us, sitting at the end of his web. Rocks began to fall, almost hitting innocent bystanders on the streets. Lloyd glanced around the roof where we stood. 

"We have to save the people!" 

"We have to get the Senseis closer!" Kai reminded us. 

A familiar voice rang past our ears, and our eyes found Skales's head popping out of a manhole.