C H A L T E R 3: P A G E 3

The sun sets longer where I am from

Where dreams to die from being young

————————————————————————

[3RD PERSON]

It was a Wednesday afternoon when Leonardo came to visit Georgio again. He came knocking at his front door with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. Georgio opened the door with a smile creeping on his face in view of the flowers.

"For me?" Georgio commented pretending to be dramatically surprised.

"No actually, aha, they're for your mom." Leonardo replied.

Georgio's mother walked through the door way and took the bouquet with a smile on her face, "why thank you, kind gentleman." She said.

"No thank you for the hospitality last weekend." Leonardo stated.

"Oh! What a sweet boy" She exclaimed waltzing away into the kitchen. She sure was an odd woman.

[LEONARDO]

Focusing my attention back to Georgio, I flashed him a friendly smile. Pretending to be shocked, he rested his right hand onto his chest.

"Well, well, well." He said moving aside allowing me to enter.

"You've broken my heart, Leonardo!" He exclaimed closing his door to turn around looking at me.

He looked cute

Wait. No he didn't.

"My apologies, how may I repay you, my good sir?" I replied playing along.

"Nothing, you belong to my mother now!" Georgio claimed spinning and fake fainting dramatically.

Georgio's mother chuckled lightly. "He's been watching a lot of Marilyn Monroe lately."

We made our way upstairs to his room where he had a multitude of snacks ranging from Takis to Twizzlers. But something was missing. Or someone's

"Where's Emma?" I asked looking at the empty spot she usually sat in.

"She had to go to that vegan shit again. It's fine by me though; I get to eat my beef jerky!" He said with excitement grabbing a bag of Jack Links and plopping onto his bed which had new covers; he patted the spot on the other side of the bed signaling me to sit down.

"So, what do you wanna do?" Leonardo said reading the back of the Jack Links Bag while biting a piece of jerky. It was so weird. He looked so... candid. He didn't look like his regular self. He looked good don't get me wrong. But he looked... peaceful. It made me uncomfortable to think that about a guy. I'm not gay, I'm not going to be gay, and I will never be gay. I'm just a guy who thinks another guy looks nice. That's it. Nothing else to it.

"Umm... lets just watch TV." I said casually as I sat back on his bed grabbing some Trollis.

"Coolio sounds good to me." He turned on the tv and switched to a TV show called 'Million Dollar Listing'. It was about rich people asking rich brokers to find them rich homes. My dad talked about how he never goes on them and how I shouldn't watch them because he thinks that they exploit the business life of the rich and wealthy. I don't see the problem.

He turned up the TV as some guy named Fredrik came on the screen, "Coming up on Million Dollar Listing, Leonardo Minton is the 2nd richest man in the world and is looking for a surprise island to buy his son for his upcoming birthday. His son, Leonardo Minton Jr. is in America and he wants a surprise for him when he comes back."

Ho-ly-shit.

This did not just fucking happen.

Not only did my dad just pop up on screen, but they showed my picture! I didn't want anyone to see me. I didn't want anyone to know.

"Georgio, I can explain." I said sitting down the Trollis that I was clutching so hard my knuckles turned pale.

I turned to Georgio to see that his face was in his phone. He wasn't even listening to the TV. Oh thank god. That was a close one.

I don't want people to know that I have a lot of money because they will change around me. They won't like me for who I am but for my money. This happened at my old school. When I first arrived, people liked me for me. When they found out my dad was rich, they flipped out and am started acting totally fake around me. People I don't even know acted like we were friends. It sucks when this stuff happens. It really does. So when I came here, I just want nobody to know my net worth or my parents or anything about me that I don't want them to know. I want them to know me for me. That's it.
- - -
A couple hours later I'm sitting downstairs at the dinner table eating something called a 'Calzone'? It wasn't bad, but it's not something I would eat everyday.

"Thank you so much for this lovely meal Mrs. Armani. Your cooking is lovely!" I spoke taking another bite out of my calzone.

Georgio's mother blushed, "Oh thank you, Leonardo but you really don't have to thank me. You're such a gentleman you know! Maybe one day Leonardo can come to your house?" She asked taking a sip of her Casarsa Wine.

I froze.

"Mom, he lives in London." Georgio said on an obvious 'no dip sherlock' tone.

"Really? Wow! Like London London?" She asked siting her glass down back on her wide table.

"Do you not hear his accent?" Georgio claimed laughing a bit.

"Oh my! I thought he was joking! Oh don't mind me then. What does your father do, sweetheart?" She asked grabbing her fork and knife cutting into her Calzone looking at me intensely.

".... He uh.... um.....," holy shit. What do I say? What do I do? I can't just run out of the room. I can't just lie to their faces. If she finds out that I lied to her I might ever be able to come back again! This is bad. I mean I can say he's a scientist but then she's gonna ask what field. I could say he's a business owner but then she wound ask what company. Wait! I got it.

"He's a hippy kind of. He's all about evolution and the science of life and stuff. He works on making the world a better place in some lab." I explained.

"Ohhh so he's an environmentalist?" She asked taking  a rather large bite of her Calzone.

"In a way, yeah" I replied.

Now that was a close one.

________________________________

A/N

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU GUYS WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO THIS IS CRAZY!!!! I'll try to upload again this week because I've been gone for so long. Love you guys!!!!!!

-Kyle