Entry Eight

We were all surprised by a new face when the morning came.  And this new fish was absolutely handsome, with long and elegant blood red fins, and dark sapphire eyes.  He was really a sight to see, and he was brave as well.  Like, when I first got here, I hid out for an uncertain amount of time, but he just swam out slowly, and stopped, inspecting his surroundings.

I was about to go warn him about the Koi gang, but they arrived first, and told him the rules of the Aquarium. 

He was strong and brave, because he back talked them, and attacked.  I was frightened, not only for myself, but for him.  His fins were shredded, but the Koi retreated.  They were really angry, so I’d have to remember to avoid them for a few more days.

This fish didn’t even flinch after the fight; he just casually swam down to the bottom and looked around.  I never saw a fish like him before, so I decided to go investigate.  I went to the catfish, but they didn’t know either.  While we were chatting, he noticed us and sauntered over, making himself present.

The catfish told him about the Koi, much like they did with me.  But I was curious and asked him what kind of fish he was.  He held a monotonous voice and blank expression, but he told me that he was a Chinese Fighting Fish, and the best around. 

I have a bad feeling that he might side with the Koi, because they watched our exchange from the castle. 

He left to find himself somewhere to rest, and that’s when I realized I didn’t know where the catfish rested.  I asked, and they took me to a heavily planted area, and they told me that they lived in the middle of it.  I couldn’t fit in, but they assured me that it was a nice place to be.

Satisfied, I went back to my tube and stared at my shiny pebble for a while.

It was sparkly.

So sparkly.

I like sparkly things.

Sparkly.