superbia

Seeing Chresanto's body on the news gave me a sense of pride. I felt proud of myself because I had been the one to do the things the news reporter was describing to Chresanto. I was the one behind the stab wounds and the strangulation, and the sex with his dead body.

It was all me.

I listened carefully as the reporter spoke.

"Twenty-two year old Chresanto August was found dead just hours ago. It is clear that he is yet another victim to a gruesome murder. As of right now, the police are conducting a thorough investigation".

I wasn't worried about the police because they weren't a threat to me.

I watched as the camera zoomed in on the location of where I had dumped the body. There was police tape surrounding the area and I could see a few police officers milling around. They looked like they were struggling to find any evidence and I knew they were because I hadn't left anything behind. That made me even more proud of myself.

"The parents of Chresanto August were contacted and here is what the two had to say" the reporter spoke.

A man and a woman appeared on the screen. The woman was patting away tears with a tissue as the man had an arm wrapped around the woman's shoulders. I could see where Chresanto got his features from.

"I want whoever did this to my son to be found" the man spoke, his voice steady. "I want him thrown in prison".

"Whoever did this to my baby has such a tainted soul. They don't deserve to be thrown in prison, they need to rot away in Hell" the woman cried. "Whoever did this to my son isn't human, they can't be. No sane human being could ever commit a sin like this. They murdered my baby and violated him... If that's not the Devil himself than I don't know what is".

I smiled brightly as I felt my heart swell with even more pride than before.

She was completely correct. No human being could ever commit a sin like I had. I had committed the deadliest sins known to man. I wasn't human, it was exactly like the Bible said.

He who sins is of the Devil.