🌸Chapter 1🌸

I lay awake, it was 3am. I was scared for my first day at high school and I couldn't sleep. I huffed and picked up my phone which was on my bedside table. It wouldn't hurt just going on it for a while, right?
Hours passed, and I started to feel sleepy, I checked the time again, 5am?! I turned over and drifted off to sleep.
The morning came by extremely fast. I heard the faint sounds of my alarm and turned it off, I sat up and looked around, everything was dark and has a eerie look about it.
I grabbed my glasses and put them on before rushing downstairs to grab breakfast.
"Hi honey, you ok?" My mother was sitting on the couch eating cereal.
I nodded and went into the kitchen to grab the first thing my eyes made contact with.
"Mum, what if everyone hates me and calls me a geek like primary school?"
"I'm sure they won't honey, just don't be shy, speak to them." She smiled sympathetically.
That was my problem, I was too shy and struggled to make friends.
I ate my breakfast quickly and went upstairs to find an outfit, I had to find something to impress the people there, I picked out a nice top and leggings  and put them on.
I didn't have time for anything else, so I just put my hair in a ponytail and headed downstairs.
"You ready?" My mum asked me and I nodded.
I sheepishly walked through the gates into the school yard.
I had been given a map of the school and a timetable of my classes - English in room 56.
I looked on the map, it was a huge jumble of numbers and boxes.
This is going to be a long day
I found room 56 on the map and headed in that direction.
I met a confused looking girl on my way there and she smiled at me when I passed.
I sighed and turned around, "Are you ok?"
She nodded her head and scowled, "Why wouldn't I be?"
"You just looked confused that's all, do you know where room 56 is?"
She shook her head "Get lost,"
I carried on walking straight, room 54, 55 I turned another corner and there it was, room 56!
I joined the line of students and leaned against the wall.
All of them were laughing and chatting like old friends.
But out of all the jumble of people, I noticed a tall blonde haired boy talking to his group of friends.