{5}

"Hey, Mom." Jisung put on his most innocent face as he approached our parents. Our mom draped the dish towel around the oven handle, turning to Jisung. "I was wandering if we could go out and see a movie. Johnny said he could drive some, and Hyunji can drive the others. Afterwards, we wanted to stay at Jaemin's since it isn't that far from the theater."

      "Awe, we're not cool enough for you?" Mom squeezed his cheeks, cooing. Jisung pulled away with an annoyed expression, which he soon replaced with something bright to help convince her.

      Of course, she wouldn't allow us to go to the house at the end of the road at night. It was currently just rolling around to seven, so the slightest dash of pink lingered in the sky, but the sun was no longer seen. We decided a movie would be a good excuse, but we needed something else to make it last longer, since Johnny dared us all to stay until at least one in the morning.

      "First to leave has to kiss their crush," Johnny established before we comprised our plan.

      "What if we don't have one?" Jisung asked.

      "Then kiss your mom."

      "The only lady he will ever kiss," I teased.

      "Okay, Jisung," our mom gave in. "You guys can go. Be careful. I love you!" Jisung was quickly hidden by our mom's arms engulfing him. I heard him grunt in embarrassment before finally escaping. Hana, Jueun, Haechan, and Johnny had to give all they had not to burst out laughing.

      Johnny loaded his car with the first people to arrive there: Mark, Jeno, Renjun, and Jaemin. We also stuffed a couple of the backpacks we decided on bringing into his car's trunk. We filled the backpacks with some items we thought were important. My car could only fit four others besides me, the driver. Jueun took shotgun and Mi-Cha and Hana slid into the back. Chenle and Jisung glanced at each other.

      "How are we going to make this work?" Mi-Cha asked. "Will we have to take another car?"

      "We shouldn't take another car," Jueun spoke up. "Shove Chenle in the trunk."

      "Guys, chill," Hana started, unbuckling from the middle seat. "I'll just sit on Mi-Cha's lap."

      Before Mi-Cha had any say in this, Hana slid onto her lap on the side behind the driver's seat, stretching the seatbelt over the both of them. Chenle waited for Jisung to get in before he took the window seat. Jisung frantically started buttoning up Hana's flannel he still had on.

      "Couldn't we have changed back before leaving?" he asked.

      "What's the fun in that?" I asked as I started to pull the car out. Johnny followed my car close behind.

      "It would be great if we got there quickly," Jisung said. "My legs are a little cramped back here."

      "Or you could stop being a giant," Jueun jokingly suggested.

      "It's just down the road. Patience, young one," I sighed, looking at him through the rear view mirror. He adverted eye contact.

      "Chenle, are you kicking my seat?" Jueun asked, turning to look at the pink haired boy.

      "Sorry," he apologized, sitting straighter. "It's tight back here and I was moving around to give Jisung more room."

      "You don't need to give him anymore room, he's just being sour right now. Jisung will be fine for the one minute it will take," I assured.

      The drive was extremely short, as I had said earlier. I pulled my car up to the very start of the driveway, and Johnny was close behind. Everyone climbed out of the car, acting dramatic and gasping for air.