{13}

Hyunji's P.O.V

      I started at Haechan, feeling my face burn from such a sudden confession. "What?" I shook my head. "You like me?"

      Haechan let out a long breath. "And you like Johnny. I get that. It's fine."

      "Haechan, I don't like Johnny anymore."

      He quickly snapped his head in my direction. "You don't like him anymore? When did that happen?"

      "When I realized I'll never have him. Plus, he was being an ass... it's not cussing if I mean he's a donkey."

      Haechan blinked, relaxing back against the wall. "It's not like I care anyways." He shrugged.

      "Uh-huh." My eyes traveled across the huge crack on the wall. Something seemed to have dropped, and it came from inside there. The thump almost sounded like a phone.

      "Do you think that came from the closet Jaemin and Mi-Cha are in?" I asked Haechan, scooting farther away from the direction it came from.

      "I don't know," Haechan responded.

      My hand picked at the seam on my jeans. "Haechan, why if the ghost got Jisung?"

      Haechan sent me a hard look.

      "What if Jisung's hurt, or suffering. What if he's being tormented." I gripped onto my legs, pressing my nails against them. "Or even dead." The last part came out just over a whisper.

      "Don't think like that."

      I sighed a rugged breath, trying to push the thoughts of finding my little brother dead away.

      "Jisung?" a muffled voice sounded from the other side of the door. I recognized it as Chenle.

      "Chenle!" I called from my side.

      "Hyunji?" This time it was Hana.

      "And Haechan!" I added. "We're locked in here! You have to help us get out!"

      "Mi-Cha, is that you?" Hana asked. They must have found Mi-Cha and Jaemin as well.

      The knob on the door slowly twisted, and then opened. Mark looked at both me and Haechan with a confused face. "Locked?"

      My jaw dropped. "I swear, it just was." I stepped out into the hallway to see Chenle opening Mi-Cha and Jaemin's door with ease. Chenle looked at his hands.

      "I must be magical," he joked. Hana elbowed him, which caused Chenle to giggle.

      Mi-Cha slide out of the doorway right next to the room Haechan and I were stuck in.

      "It was locked," Jaemin informed the others.

      "Let's just, please, find Jisung," Hana said, starting down the hall. "We heard something drop up here. Was it one of you guys?"

      "We heard it," Mi-Cha told Hana. It came from the wall."

      "Us too," I added.

      Hana stopped, causing a hold up in the hallway. Her eyes traced along the walls as if she was in a deep thought. "We all hear it, but none of us did it." She took a couple steps forward. "Johnny, Jueun, Renjun, and Jeno are still downstairs."

      "Do you think it was Jisung, or the ghost?" Jaemin asked.

      Hana placed a couple fingers on her chin. "I don't think the spirit would make a noise inside the wall after locking you both in there, unless it was just trying to spook you. I think if the ghost were to do anything, it would be harmful. Think about it." Hana turned towards us. "But it came from the wall, so how could it be Jisung?"