{6}

"Maybe we could split up into two groups to walk around since there's so many of us?" Hana mentioned as we all got up from the floor.

      "Are you stupid?" Jueun questioned. "Do you even watch horror movies? The ghosts win easier when people split up."

      "I mean," Mark butt in, "there are... what?" He counted are heads. "There's twelve of us. Six and six?"

      "I think that would be a good idea," I said. "Just for exploring. Then we can meet up and do something else."

      "Good, good." Johnny nodded his head. "Hyunji, Jueun, Chenle, Jeno, and Haechan with me. Mark, Hana, Jisung, Renjun, Mi-Cha and Jaemin stick together. We all have our on phones on us, at full charge I hope, so let's defiantly meet back together no later than an hour." Johnny readjusted the backpack he brought into a more comfortable position. Mi-Cha, Jisung, and Jeno had the other bags.

      Hana led the way for the other group as they started their journey around the main floor of the house. Johnny took us to the stairs, but not before switching on their light.

      "Chenle, if you're scared and need to hold my hand, just let me know," Haechan teased.

      Chenle shook his head. "I can be brave. I don't need to hold anyone's hand."

      Jeno chuckled. "Remember last Halloween when we went to that haunted house? You practically koala hugged Renjun and wouldn't let go, even when we got out."

      Chenle looked down, the tips of his ears turning red. He glanced in mine and Jueun's direction with a look of guilt crossing his face.

      I pushed both Haechan and Jeno's shoulders. "Play nice," I told them.

      Haechan swung an arm around Chenle. "I was joking. Don't take it seriously."

      "Keep up," Johnny called to us from up the stairs. "I want to get to the attic."

      Times that I've come to this house before were during the day. Since the lights are on, it doesn't seem like it would be different, which it really isn't since I still had an eerie feeling. However, the fact that it's night makes me feel even more aware. Even now, the stairs were my least favorite part. They're old, dark wooden steps that are fairly steep. The dark blue walls that surrounded it were so tight, it could almost brush my shoulders.

     Jeno ended up taking the end. I looked back to see him glancing behind him a couple times, as if he expected something to be there. He stayed as close as possible to Haechan. When I came here with my friends, none of us wanted to be in front, or in the back. Since there's a turn on the stairs, you don't want to have the unexpected when going around it, or when you get to the top. At the end, it always sounds like there are footsteps coming up behind you. I didn't blame Jeno for constantly checking.

      "Imagine exploring this house in complete darkness," Johnny said, walking down the upstairs hallway. I squeezed passed Jueun to walk behind Johnny.

      "I guess we'll have to try it out sometime when we're with a group of people okay with it," I replied.

      The suggestion made Johnny look back and smile. "That would be fun. We really should."

      Johnny turned into the first room. It was designed as a bedroom with a closet. The floors were wooden and there was only one window on the far wall. The floor boards squeaked as we flowed into the room. Haechan reached out to the closet doors. Chenle stood right behind, looking over Haechan's shoulder. He seemed sort of on edge. The doors were pulled open and a squeak came out of Chenle. He doubled over and held his chest.

      "It's just a mirror," he breathed. The guys laughed at this reaction.

      My focus was directed over to the other side of the room. A giant crack ran down the side of the wall with other smaller ones branching off. I traced a couple lines with my fingers. These cracks aren't new to me. We've tried multiple times to fix them, but they always end up coming back.

"I don't think your dad's going to get a lot of renters with giant cracks in the walls." The sound of Johnny's voice came from behind me, sending some shock of warmth down my spine. He reached past me to inspect the lines with his hand as well. I felt my cheeks start to burn.

"We've tried to cover them, but they always come back." I brought my hand back, and Johnny did as well. I turned around and just then noticed how close he was standing. "My dad thinks it's just structural problems."

"Most likely. It's and old house, isn't it?"

I nodded. "A lot of people have lived here." I glanced around the room. "And maybe some of them decided not to leave."

"Ooh, spooky."

I smiled along with Johnny.

"Are we going to move along, or...?" Haechan impatiently tapped on the trim of the door to the hall.

I looked between everyone in the room, noticing they were waiting on us. I pressed my lips together, looking at my feet as I started towards the door and passed Haechan. I smiled again, thinking about Johnny standing so close to me. When his hand reached around me and was brushing against my own. It sent a volt of electricity straight to my chest.

Mi-Cha's P.O.V

"We're not going in the basement," I said, assertively.

Hana chuckled. "Come on, we can turn on the lights."

"I've never been in the basement," Jisung put in. "I just want to check it out, but we should all go together."

"Why, are you too scared to go alone?" Mark asked, teasing the youngest.

"If Mi-Cha doesn't want to go to the basement, she shouldn't have to," Jaemin said. He gave me a reassuring smile. "I'm not really up to checking it out either. Maybe when we're with everyone it would be better."

"Agreed," Renjun spoke up.

Jisung blew air out of his mouth. "I understand. Let's continue around the main floor then."

"Hey, Jisung," Hana called to the blue haired boy, "Do you have any food in that backpack? Or something to drink? I'm thirsty."

I rolled my eyes at her emphasis on 'thirsty'.

Jisung reached into the backpack and threw her a water bottle and a granola bar. "We only have so much, so that might be all you get."

"Alrighty, Captain." Hana gulped down some water. "By the way, you look nice in that flannel."

Jisung huffed and pulled up Hana's jeans that were on him. "I'm glad you're enjoying yourself here." Sarcasm dripped from his words.

"I am. This sweater is very comfy." Hana hugged herself, smiling.

Jisung let out another huff and turned. "I'm getting my clothes back sometime tonight."

"Alrighty, Captain." Hana added a salute this time.

"Is Jisung usually this stubborn and... hard to get along with?" I whispered to Jaemin, Renjun, and Mark, who stood behind me.

"No," Mark shook his head. "He just seems to not be in a good mood today."

"The little baby is up past his bed time," Jaemin joked, keeping his voice low. Renjun let out a short laugh. Jaemin placed a nice smile on his face. "Don't worry, he's a cool guy, really. Don't judge him just yet. He just doesn't really enjoy hanging around Hyunji's friends."

"I've never really talked to him," I admitted. "Whenever I'm at their house, Jisung is usually busy, so I just never get to talk to him myself."

"Yeah," Jaemin sighed. "He's neither bark, nor bite."