chapter two

Kae grinned as she pulled her hair back, dutch braiding it until she finally tied it off into a high ponytail, "How much longer, Tony? The sun's about to come up."

"We'll touch down in three minutes," Natasha replied before Tony could, causing him to huff.

"And the plan?" Bruce asked quietly.

"Tony go directly to the base, the rest of us will take it from the ground," Steve clarified.

"Cool," the excitement was clear in Gen's voice, "Who's going first?"

"I will," Alison said, hesitation lacing her voice, "I can clear a path pretty well, heat up the area."

After relaying all their conversation to the rest of the Avengers, Alison took control, smiling at them before jumping out of the quinjet. She pulled a lighter out of a pocket in their new suit and lit it, taking in the fire until she was fully immersed and able to zip off ahead of the rest of them. Ever since getting the new suit, it was much easier to control meticulous movements like flying as she didn't have to worry about not burning off the fabric.

Alison was probably acting as an early warning system for Hydra along with being the front line for her own team, but she wasn't really bothered as it was getting a majority of the Hydra agents out of the base. Multiple soldiers tried to shoot her, but the bullets just melted before they hit her, just like the snow that she was skimming over. As she passed, she lit soldier's towers alight, causing them to begin burning down and the agents to panic. Alison didn't particularly like hurting people (she avoided it at all cost really), but she didn't have anything against scaring them into getting off of their posts.

Once she'd cleared a path in the snow, the pyrokinetic circled back, meeting up with everyone else, Natasha and Clint, who'd overtaken a Hyra jeep, and Steve, who was on his own motorbike. The Hulk was already smashing through the trees on the hunt for soldiers and Tony had taken to the sky with Thor, taking out the airborne Hydra agents along with the ones that still stood on the burning towers. Alison continued to fly beside Steve until she made a quick decision, and barreled to the side into the snow.

----------------------------------------------

Gen rolled out of the snow easily, grateful that Alison had started the bracing move before starting to go into the snow. Without the pyrokinetic maintaining the flames, they quickly died in the ice, and the speedster was popping up, racing forward, punching back soldiers to knock them out and moving them out of the way. She made sure that everyone's back was watched, keeping a lot of the bullets and laser like shots aimed at her so that she would be able to outrun them.

Eventually, they all got to a point where they got to a flaming barricade that Alison had set on fire while she was making her way around. The entire team seemed to meet up at once, jumping over it, then moving on with more punches to be thrown, and a bunker to be blown up by Tony's repulser guns. Gen barked out a laugh at that as she punched an agent off of one of the wooden towers. She spun back around to kick another one in the stomach before running off again. Punching and kicking, and occasionally catching a bullet or two before they hit her teammates.

She slipped out of her speed in order to look around the battlefield for any remaining agents they may have left behind, but instead was greeted with a thud over the comms and a vicious, "Shit!" from Tony.

"Language!" Steve yelled, causing Winter to chuckle as he used the same phrase that she so often did, "JARVIS? What's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield," JARVIS relayed to them, "It's technology well beyond any other Hydra bases you've taken."

"Then I guess that's where the scepter will be," Gen said, quickly punching an approaching soldier in the face, "Can you do a scan for weak spots?"

"Of course, Legion," the AI replied at the same time that Thor murmured, "At long last."

Natasha chose that moment to step in with her own comment, "At long last is lasting a little long, boys... and Legion."

"Yeah," Clint agreed, "I think we lost the element of surprise."

"That would have been me," Gen could practically hear the cringe in Alison's voice.

"Wait," Tony interrupted, "No one's going to deal with the fact that Cap just said, 'Language'?"

"It's not like we haven't heard it before," Gen and Kae chorused as the former took out yet another soldier.

"I know," Steve whined as Gen spun, kicking another soldier in the face before speeding up another tower and throwing everyone on it off, "It just slipped out."

Winter scoffed, "It always does."

I'm so glad to be getting into Age of Ultron, finally. I have a fun scene planned for next chapter that I thought I might have gotten to this chapter, but didn't. Instead you get this chapter which features an entire section of Alison. I know I said that I didn't know when she'd be popping up again (if ever), but I decided that over the three years that she'd been with the Avengers, she'd gotten more comfortable being around and in control again, so she could go on missions too. It doesn't mean that she'd willing to hurt anyone (because she's too much of a cinnamon roll for that), but she does participate in team 'activities'. As always, I hope you all have a fantastic week, and I'll see you all again on Friday with chapter three (sorry if I haven't been updating when I say I will, my life has gotten a bit more hectic in the past two weeks and I hope it'll go back to normal soon).
~ Aria