chapter five

Gen practically bounced back into the quinjet, her arms carrying two large bags from a bakery. The muscles in her leg had finished healing as they were landing, so all that remained to be stitched back together was what equated to a flesh wound.

The speedster had gone with Thor to the bakery, despite all of the other Avengers saying that she shouldn't be going, least of all carrying all the food that they were bound to get. And they were partially right, they did get a lot of food, especially for the speedster, but they were wrong in that she couldn't handle it, she was fine and she was healing.

As soon as the quinjet took back off, the two of them began to pass out what they'd gotten. Biscotti and a salad for Natasha and cinnamon rolls for Steve. The spinach and feta croissants were for Bruce while Tony got brioche. Clint ended up getting palmeir along with a crepe and Thor got chocolate almond croissants for himself. Lastly, Gen got the most, with an almond croissant, chocolate croissant, and two mozzarella paninis along with a bear claw for Kae when the bullet wound had completely healed.

The entire team ate in silence, save for the groan of pain when Clint sat up to eat. Afterword, the silence was broken by Tony who had quite the absurd, yet typical remark,

"We should throw a party."

"I mean, it feels good, yeah?" Tony continued, "I mean, you've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but..."

"No," Thor nodded thoughtfully, "but this...this brings it to a close."

"As soon as we find out what else this has been used for," Steve reminded, "I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?"

"Banner and I'll give it the once before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you?" Tony paused until Thor nodded, "I mean, just a few days until the farewell party. You're staying right?"

"Yes, yes, of course. A victory should be honored with revels."

"Who doesn't love revels?" Gen joked through a bite of her pastry.

"Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and HYDRA, so," Steve agreed, "Yes, revels."

Gen grinned, "You ready for a party Barton?"

"Yeah," the archer drawled, "Big hole in my side, its going to be great."

"It'll be fine by then," Natasha patted his shoulder, "You'll be all fixed up and ready to bore everyone to death."

Gen giggled when Clint rolled his eyes at his Platonic, "So funny. We all know I'm the life of the party."

"Definitely," Gen tossed Alison's lighter up into the air, catching it on its was down, "It's going to be awesome."

Gosh, looking back on it, this chapter isn't as long as I thought it was. I'm pretty sure the next one's actually longer though, so that's good. I'm still having a bit of writers block with this series, and have been writing other things instead of forcing myself to write, however I did get a nice comment the other day on Iroas, so I started writing. It may not seem like a lot, but to me, comments mean the world even if they just say that the person liked the chapter. So thank you for reading and I'll see you all again soon with chapter six. Have a great day,
~ Aria