chapter six

"Lab's all set up, boss," Kae woke to the voice of Maria Hill.

She blinked once, twice. They'd landed. She sat up after a moment, the rest of the voices already chattering away.

"So, what do you think about that speedster?" Gen asked, clearly hoping for all of three of them to respond.

"He got us shot," Winter deadpanned, "So I can't exactly say anything positive ye

"He wasn't as fast as you," Alison stated calmly, seeming unworried.

Kae smirked, "He had a good sense of humor."

"That wasn't humor," the blonde could practically hear the scowl in Winter's voice.

"Yeah," Kae's smirk widened, "It was. My kind of humor too."

"So the sassy, annoying, and awful kind," Winter retorted.

"Yep," Kae replied, a happy tone to her voice.

The blonde's smirk turned into a grin when Alison started to giggle, which was soon joined by the laughter of Gen. She stood up, grabbing her bag. Jogging to catch up with Maria and Steve, she caught what could only be described as useful information, and soon posed her own question,

"The two enhanced?"

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff," Maria answered, "Twins. Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special."

"Very poetic," Kae muttered under her breath.

"And their powers?" Steve continued.

"He's a speedster, except not. No advanced healing," Gen said, the statement soon relayed by Kae.

"She's right," the agent agreed, continuing on, "He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation."

Kae laughed when she saw the confused look on Steve's face, causing Maria to look up from where she'd been scrolling through information of the twins. Kae's laughter got louder when she simplified what she'd said for the all-american hero,

"He's fast and she's weird."

"He is fast," the blonde managed through her laughter.

Steve gave her a flat look, "Well, they're going to show up again."

"Agreed," Maria nodded, "File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts."

"Right," Kae could imagine him rolling his eyes as she sunk into the farground of her mind, "What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?"

"We're not at war, Captain," Maria frowned.

Winter stepped into the elevator with Steve, "Who says they aren't?"

My head is killing me (figuratively of course, but it still really hurts), but I really wanted o post this chapter, especially after watching Thor Ragnorok again. I've finally got a handle on what I want to do with the movie, as this time around, I focused on figuring out ways to fit in my OC, Daliah. I'll probably be writing that tomorrow, then I'll try for another chapter of Iroas. As always, have a wonderful day, and I hope to see you all again with chapter seven,
~ Aria

P.S. Comments make my day. :)

P.P.S. What the heck? Skyler Samuels is now a part of the MCU too? And her character's name is Esme? I feel cheated. Like come on, I name Legion Legion and the next day I go to the cinima and see a trailer for a tv show about a guy with basically the same powers and name, then Sophie Turner was the Pheonix (which I'm not all that mad about, I'm just really salty about the Legion thing), and now Skyler Samuels plays a mutant with multiple versions of herself (anyone seeing similarities?) and one of them is named Esme (Colors)? All of this information I found out from looking for a gif to be the header of this chapter...