Chapter 17

Guilt.

I felt so bad for snapping at Austin, but I never had time to apologize over the couple of days that flew by. William recovered quickly but stayed in the hospital with what seemed like Elliot but... With a wig on? His dark brown hair had changed into a purple color, with a few white highlights. I was rather confused but I stayed at the hospital too, not ready to face Austin in case he hates me.

I never knew what actually happened to make Elliot so injured and different, but William said it was something to do with an old "friend" of theirs. He said nothing more, so I tried not to assume the worst.

After a week, Elliot was walking around, ready to go back home. 

"Are you sure you recognize me, Claire?" He asked in confusion.

"Um... well, kinda?" I replied a bit anxiously.

He pouted. "Williammmmm, she doesn't remember meeeee!" His whining echoed a little.

"She'll get used to it. And I will too." He spoke maturely. 

Elliot looked around a little. "Where's Austin?"

I tried to lie and say he was busy, but I stumbled on the words and started crying. They both looked very concerned and tried to comfort me, and I choked out the words of what happened through my tears, ending with "He won't want to speak to me ever again, he hates me!"

"He won't hate you just for snapping at him. I'm sure he'll understand that it wasn't the best time for you..." William spoke softly while Elliot wiped away my tears. 

"Yeah, if he truly loved you, he'd give you time to recover, then come straight back when you're both ready" Elliot smiled.

"But he shouted at me..." My whispers were barely heard, but William must have picked it up.

"Everyone shouts at someone, no matter how mature and pure they seem. Everyone loses their temper, but everyone will recover. A shouting won't ruin a relationship unless it's continuous or threatening.."

"But... He said don't come crying to him if you two died.."

"He wouldn't have meant that," Elliot reassured me. "He'll have just been angry. I say you visit him as soon as you can, and apologize, even if it wasn't your fault. And if he loves you, he'll accept it and take you back"

"You really think so...?"

"Totally." They both smiled and I smiled back. And there was my plan, to visit him and say I was sorry, and hoping he'll forgive me...