Chapter 1

Once there was a Kingdom. Within that Kingdom, was a King. Within that King, was a big heart. With that big heart, he gave everyone his love. He loved all, men and women; most of all, the children.

He would laugh and sing with them all day. His Kingdom was loved by all. When night came, everyone looks up at the stars, wishing. Every one of them hoping that their wishes would be granted.

But, nobody would wish harder than the King himself. All day, he would have to put on a brave smile for all of his people, to assure them that there would be no danger; but that wasn't the case at all.

At night, he would cry in a corner in his royal room, not stopping until his eyes grew weak and tired from the exhaustion of a hard days work to pretend to be something he's not, just for his people's happiness.

"Why does he love the children the most", you ask? He loves the children the most because he wishes to go back to being a child. Where he was actually, truly happy instead of miserable, with no worries what so ever; but mostly because he found the love of his life.

The King missed his "Knight In Shining armor". The King was alone in his heart. Everyday he would wake up with a fake smile and go out of his way for his people; by night, he would be alone and cry all night, even hurting himself in many kinds of different ways because he felt it was his fault for the disappearance of his loved one.

One day, a tragedy broke out. The King was no longer the King of his Kingdom from that day forward. His people began lighting torches and threatening the King with weapons. The King grew worried and confused.

He ran to the closest mirror in the castle. Once he looked, he saw a monster. A monster with horns and red eyes.

Some would say that his eyes looked as rubies. shining in red, but yet beautiful. His horns were as sharp as a needle, but was a breathtaking almond colour.

"Burn the Devil with fire", they would say. Children were crying. This reminded the King of a memory. The memory of his loved one never showing up like he promised when he was a kid and the King, at the time, sat on the one special stump where they would meet up everyday, sometimes he would spend a couple nights here and there for his loved one; only to find his loved one to never arrive.

After that terrible day that would go down in history, the Kingdom was wiped clean from the Kings people and he was the only one left, alone and depressed.

He grew anxious, filling up with fear and anxiety. He didn't want to be alone again. He treated them with kindness and anything they could ask for. Why didn't they like him anymore? He was the king they once knew and love and they turned their backs on him.

He did everything for them, even if he was depressed and miserable he would still put them first above himself and his feelings. What was wrong with him? Maybe he could change. He would think all sorts of thoughts.

He would think day and night but he knew the reality. They would never come back because of what he became on the outside instead of them looking at him from the inside.

King Oikawa Tōru was alone. He grew tired and weak as time went on. Months passed. He was alone, isolated from the world, depressed, he didn't know what to do anymore.

Everyday he would think of ending it all. Sooner or later, thinking that once, wasn't enough. He would think of it two, three, or even four times a day.

Finally one day, he grew tired of living. He hadn't eaten in a while. He didn't understand why he wasn't dead from starvation. Maybe he was the Devil, he would think.

He didn't care about the world anymore, he didn't care for himself after the incident months ago. He decided that today was his last.

He walked towards the castle's kitchen, opening hundreds of drawers until he found the correct one, the knife drawer. He grabbed the sharpest knife that the old chefs would use for thick meat.

He then went to his room, to the bathroom. He would take out the secret anti depressants, no one knew about them except his doctor; which took an oath to never speak about it.

He took the two objects and placed them in front of him. He would think thoroughly over and over about which object would take his life. Than he thought about his lover.

He could still be out there, he thought. He didn't want to think about his lover now out of all times.

He hesitated, beginning to grab one of the two until his pointy ears heard something from about a mile away. He quickly ran to his rooms window and looked over at the gate, which was filled with mold and vines.

His castle was far away from the gate but yet he could see very well. It was a...person.

He smiled the brightest smile he had made in months. The first smile in months was plastered on his face, never leaving.

Before Oikawa knew, this appearance from this figure changed his whole life completely.

But was it for the better or for the worst?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! This is a Halloween present from me, since that this is my favorite holiday. Hope this doesn't seem too boring but it will get interesting later on, I hope. Thank you for reading and enjoy your spoopy night.

If your going Trick or treating, remember to be safe!

~Ryosuke🌸