Chapter 10

~Iwaizumi's POV~

I ran out of the castle as quickly as I can, rushing towards the mob of knights.

Once I reach the mob, I stop for a few seconds, catching my breath.

Once I regained my breath, I walked towards the leader of the mob.

It was no one, other than the King of the Aobajōsai Kingdom.

"Your highness", I bow down in respect, "may I ask Why're you here".

Before the King spoke, I gulped in nervousness, terrified of what he was going to say next.

"Have you completed your quest that I have assigned you", he replied with a nasty attitude.

I started sweating. "Not yet, your highness", I replied back.

Before I knew it, the King striked me with his royal staff.

The impact hurt like no tomorrow, I landed farther from where I was, stuggling to get up on my feet, holding my ribs where the staff striked.

I groaned, looking up, in pain, towards the King. I slowly stumbled back on my two feet.

'This armor is supposed to protect me from damage so why does it feel like I'm not wearing it then?', I thought.

The King cleared his throat before beginning to speak.

"When I give you an assignment, I expect it to be done as fast as I can".

The King looked around the area from where he was and began to speak suddenly.

"Where is this 'monster' the people speak of?", he said.

I stopped breathing, 'if they find him, he's a goner for sure', I thought.

"I'm not sure your highness, but I'm looking as fast as I can", I hesitated.

The king looked at me in disbelief. "It's been a few days, your my best Knight out here and you manage not to find it".

I started panicking. I didn't care what happened to me but if anything happened to Oikawa....it would be a different story.

"Search around, we won't leave until we finish this simple quest", the King finished before ordering his horse to move from where he was.

I got up quickly, ignoring the pain coming from my side.

I started running as fast as I could towards the castle, the others being alarmed at what I did.

While I was running towards the castle, I heard the King shout "After him".

I began running faster, ignoring all types of pain forming around my body.

Once I reached the castle doors, I quickly swung them open and locked the huge doors.

Soon after I had locked them, I heard hundreds of banging fists against the other side of the door.

I quickly ran up the stairs shouting out Oikawa's name.

Soon after the third time a screamed out his name, he came running to my aid.

"Iwa-chan! What's going on?", Oikawa asked anxiously.

"I'll tell you later, we have to leave. NOW", I grabbed onto Oikawa's hand, running until we stopped once Oikawa tugged back.

"I'm not leaving. This is MY Kingdom of the home of MY people. I will protect this place even if it costs me my life", Oikawa stated.

I admired his bravery and his words but this situation was far worse.

"You don't understand. Do you know who we're dealing with-", I was cut off.

"I am fully aware and I will face any obstacle for this Kingdom and my people".

I began feeling worried. "How're you gonna defend this place. There's hundreds of them and two of us", I asked.

Oikawa hesitated at first, but said his words with confidence.

"I-I'm not sure yet, but I'll do everything in my power to do this. For them.", he smiled near the end.

I couldn't convince him and I knew that, so I decided that I will stick with him. Through thick and thin I'll do everything I can for him.

"What do we do then?", I asked.

Oikawa squeezed onto my hand, that were still intertwined, until he thought of something.

He let go and ran towards his room.

"What're you doing?", I asked, stopping at his door.

Before Oikawa answered, he opened his window doors, heading towards the balcony.

"The King always finds a way to resort to peace first. That's what I'm gonna do", he said with a big smile.

I could tell he was scared, heck...even I was, but I'm willing to do this.

Before Oikawa began to speak his peaceful words, I decided to join him out on the balcony.

But, was this the right decision?

I'm planning on at least one more chapter and then the epilogue.

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I was a busy grill....but ay, it was my birthday on the 20th so ummmm happy late birthday chapter....gift for y'all lol

~Ryosuke🌸