Targets: The Inuzukas

Sakura backed out of the room promising to be right back leaving the irate patient to curse her and all shinobi for being overly destructive people

Sakura backed out of the room promising to be right back leaving the irate patient to curse her and all shinobi for being overly destructive people. The man had hurt his back fixing up Training Ground S for what he claimed to be the six time that month. As the door shut, she sighed, having a good idea of who one of the so called hooligans were from the way he described how it appeared as if trees had simply exploded into kindling. Since it simply highlighted that she was being left out of something pretty grand, at least judging from the smiles that she had seen Tsunade sporting as of late. As she headed to the supply closet for some ointment for her patient she wondered just what was making Tsunade so happy. But in truth figured she already knew who was behind it, especially since Training Ground S was the one that she had seen Naruto at with her master as well as Hinata and Ino.

Thinking of the two younger kunoichi filled Sakura with quite a bit of jealousy. She had heard the rumors of the two girls having had dates with Naruto. Although they had also said that they simply appeared to be friendly dates despite the romantic settings. Sakura couldn't get the image of a freshly showered Ino leaving Naruto's apartment out of her mind. What also added to her doubts about the dates innocence was that she hadn't heard anything about it from Ino herself.

She had confronted Ino about the matter. But, despite having met with Ino with the intention of getting to the truth of the situation, she had quickly found herself on the defensive due to one question Ino had asked. "Are you jealous?"

She could still feel the way her cheeks had heated up at the question but regardless had quickly denied that being her motive. Instead she had given some half hearted excuse that she couldn't even really remember. Ino had just given her a knowing sad half smile before replying, "Then why does it matter?"

Unable to answer that without admitting that she was jealous Sakura had let the matter drop. But still a part of Sakura held out the hope that maybe Naruto would get around to asking her for a date. So she'd show up to his training with Kakashi and Yamato as he practiced adding his wind chakra to the Rasengan, however since even during his breaks he'd go sit under a tree after simply saying hi to her. She had begun to lose hope. Those hopes had been dashed when he had taken off running from her a little over two weeks previously.

She had gone straight to Ino in tears bursting into the blonde's family shop saying, "He hates me doesn't he?"

"Who?" Her friend had asked coming around the counter.

"Naruto"

"He doesn't hate you Sakura," Ino said soothingly trying to calm her down. "He's just..."

"Yes he does," Sakura had said cutting Ino off. "He just took off running from me."

Ino had looked surprised. But she closed her eyes for a moment and a look of concern appeared on her face. As if realizing that the teary eyed Sakura was staring at her strangely, she opened them saying as soothingly as possible, "Maybe something important came up or he probably remembered he left the stove on. You know how scatterbrained he can be at times."