Target: Konan

Maki felt a spike of fear and confusion as they continued to near Konoha. From her position in the moving group of shinobi she could just make out the Kazekage as he leapt from tree to tree. She just didn't understand what had brought on this march towards Suna's allies. But there were plenty of rumors among the Suna-nin which in part was being fueled by the Kage's silence. Directing her attention to Joseki, she knew what he hoped this march was and that was a sneak attack on the Leaf.

It was a sentiment that appeared to be in a majority among the older more experienced shinobi present. Truthfully she may have been among that number due in part to the councilor's influence if not for the dinner several months ago that she had attended. She still had a hard time getting Temari's date's words out of her head. It wasn't just what he said but the way his blue eyes had looked as he said them. She supposed it was in fact his eyes that had held the greatest amount of weight since her time among the councilors had shown her that even though they spoke prettily that they often didn't mean any of it. The young man's eyes had told her that not only had he meant what he said. But he had experienced many reasons to hate those around him, and yet still strove to find a higher path.

As she looked over the many shinobi that wanted this to be an attack on Konoha, Maki found herself thinking about how it would only insure that another generation of Leaf-nin would come to hate Suna. In turn this would mean that when given a chance to exact some vengeance against her home that they would jump at the chance. Maki wanted to speak out against attacking the Leaf but much as when Joseki ranted against them found she lacked the courage to speak up.

Gaara stopped and held his arm up giving the sign for his forces to do so as well. Joseki motioned to her and with several other councilors approached the Kage to ask, "Alright Gaara, we've waited long enough what is this about?"

Gaara ignored the rude tone of the elder councilor saying, "You're about to find out." Directing his gaze forward, he said, "Greetings Lady Hokage."

"Lord Kazekage," Tsunade said appearing on a branch in front of the Kazekage as did a force as large as Gaara's behind her. Many of the Suna-nin went for their weapons causing the Leaf to do so as well, but both sides stopped as the Hokage continued her greeting, "I'm glad you could make it."

Joseki confused and angry his dream of retaliation towards the Leaf appeared to be just that, rudely said, "What the hell is going on here?"

Gaara in a rare showing of emotion said dangerously, "Elder Councilor Joseki, I may be willing to ignore your lack of decorum when taking to me in the council chamber. However, it would be prudent to remember your place when outside of it less you give our allies or shinobi the wrong idea of who is in charge."

Joseki glared at Gaara but inclined his head as he bit his tongue about what he thought of his Leaf loving Kage. Gaara turned away feeling that in time Joseki may become as big a thorn in his side as Danzou was to Tsunade. Nodding to his fellow Kage, he said, "I'll let you explain why we've gathered here."

"Thank you." Tsunade aware her next few words could either bring Konoha and Suna closer or drive them apart said, "For years now we've been allies in name only. A fact highlighted by Orochimaru's invasion of Konoha." Tsunade paused as some of the Suna-nin shifted uncomfortably before continuing, "Still we were able to overcome that to forge a stronger alliance due in part to the close ties of our newest generation. However, again our alliance will face a challenge one that goes by the name Akatsuki. Therefore, the Kazekage and I believe it prudent we begin to form a force so that when the time to fight such a threat is upon us this alliance will be able to lead the way and fight efficiently with each other. With that in mind both Leaf and Suna will be conducting battle exercises to better foster friendship between our two villages."