Chapter 2

At the next morning, Ford was the one to wake Dipper. The boy had great bags under his eyes, he didn't get much sleep... This all bothered him way too much. As Ford began shaking him, Dipper instantly jolted and sat straight up.
"I-I'm awake!!"
"I see that. But what are you actually doing in my room?"

Dipper blinked a few times before a loud yawn escaped his mouth. Still half asleep, he stared for at least half a minute at Ford, trying to formulate in his thoughts an explanation.
"Well, I'll say it straight. Bill turned insane."
Ford instantly paled and crouched down next to his grandnephew, worry spreading in his eyes.
"Are you hurt? What happened?"
"Nono, I'm fine... I just fell onto the ground. But... Bill was so horrifying... His two eyes were without pupils and to that glowed! And the worst thing, blood ran down his hands! He looked like a total psycho... and the weirdest thing, hr didn't spoke. He didn't laugh. Nothing. All he did was grinning so insane as if he just planned to murder the whole humanity."

Ford looked like a white sheet of paper by now and stared wide eyed at the still nervous boy.
"H-heck?! What?! God, the whole family is in danger! Dipper, you'll talk with Bill and try to get something out of him. You are the only person he would never kill. I'll gather everyone down here and report everything to them..."
Without complaining Dipper nodded and stormed off, even when he was shaking in fear. Slowly, hesitantly, he turned the doorknob to his room he shared with Bill.
The demon was, how should it be different, still in bed. He looked even worse than before. He seemed at least one shade paler and to that coughed like humans do at a flu.

"B-Bill?"
No response. Dipper clenched his fists and gathered up the last bit of courage he had.
"BILL CIPHER!!!"
Instantly, Bill shot up and stared wide eyed at the trembling boy. Dipper took this as approval to start his questions.
"Where the heck were you at midnight?! And why did you have blood on your hands?! And, why the heck, did you push me onto the ground?!"
Bills jaw dropped and he stared a few seconds completely dumbfounded at his Pinetree, before he bursted out laughing. Unfortunal, this soon got interrupted by his terrible coughing.
Dipper didn't think of this as funny at all.

"Geesh Pinetree, had a nightmare? I was the whole time in bed! Promise that."
Yep, that was it for Dipper. He was done with Bills promises after this lie.
"Don't lie to me! Your eyes were glowing!"
"Don't be silly, I never leave anywhere without my eyepatch."
Small tears started to shine at the corner of Dippers eyes. His boyfriend dared to lie so straight into his face? It hurted to say this, but Dipper knew it was necessary.
"I... I will sleep in gruncle Fords room now. See you..."
"W-what?! No Pinetree! You will sleep with me!"
Not answering to his boyfriend, he walked out of the door and closed it behind him. Secretly, he chose to spy on Bill this night. He had meant to ask Will about everything, but through all the trouble last night he completely forgot it. Seemed like this had to wait a bit...

Downstairs in Fords laboratory, he just barged into Fords report. Mabel, Soos, Melody, Stan and Wendy were sheetpale and flinched as they heard Dippers footsteps. Fords expression lit up as he spotted the boy.
"And?"
"H-he.... h-he said it was just a nightmare of mine a-and that he wasn't anywhere tonight. H-he... h-he even laughed at me..."
Mabel gasped and pulled her brother into a tight hug, growling at the ceiling.
"Asshole... Nobody laughs at my BroBro without paying!"
Wendy scoffed in agreement and Stan shook disapproving his head.
"I lied much in my life, but sugar honey ice tea, I'd never do such a thing to a partner!"

Dipper enjoyed Mabels tight embrace and Soos had joined too. With a shaky sigh he looked up into the group.
"I... I will spy on Bill tonight. Gruncle Stan, I need some energies.
"But pay attention kid."
"We're talking about a demon after all."
The older Pines twins looked worried but seemed to agree to Dippers plan. Now only the night had to come...

The whole day Dipper and Mabel worked together in the coffee shop. Time flew at the work Soos had for them. In the evening, Dipper hid in the living room full clothed and with two energies emptied. He had the front door perfectly in his view and only needed to wait for Bill to show up. While waiting, he went again through his equipment.
"Flashlight, check... Drunk two energies, check... Clothes, check... The will to bust Bills doing, check... Gruncle Stans baseball bat for self defense, check..."

*beep beep*
That was his phone. Midnight. Like the last time, suddenly the eery noises of the wooden floor were audible and soon Bill came into his view how he dissapeared out of the door. Afraid but determined, Dipper followed him into the forest.
But what he saw what Bill was doing let his blood freeze.