Chapter 6

A dead silence fell upon the group of people. Faces fell emotionless, others showed pure shock but only one face spoke clearly out what the owner was feeling. Terrify, panic, shock and disbelieve. And this face belonged to no other than Dipper. His boyfriend was about to die. Because of him. He turned Bill into a good being, destroyed all his evil.
It was his fault. His fault. Only his fault.

Dippers breath quickened and his eyes slowly widened.
His fault. All alone his fault. He made Bill fall for him. Bill gave up his life for him.
Bill was a demon after all! And oh, how much he praised himself for knowing everything. He knew this. He clearly knew this would've happened.
Mabel was the first to notice Dippers roller coaster of emotions. Instantly she wanted to wrap her arms around him but he wiped her harshly off. Falling onto his knees, he stared wide eyed onto the carped, tears forming in his eyes to roll down his trembling skin.

Soos bit his lip and got up, hitting like a soldier his chest with his fist.
"Bill gave lots of attractions to the mystery shack! And as the mr Mystery, I earned too much money I ever could spend! So, for the sake of my two bros, I'll risk my life!"
Dippers head shot up and relief spread over his face as he watched his best friend speaking out so confidently. Mabel nodded to herself and also raised herself, looking determined into the round.
"He brought Dipstick back! And he's family. I'm in."
Wendy smirked and cleared her throat to get attention, which immediately flew to her.
"He's part of the gang~! Dude, through him we broke into more empty shops we ever could count~ Gang's holding together."

By now, poor Dipper wasn't crying of terrify anymore but of relief. To see his family stand up for him and Bill meant so much to him...
Now it was Stans turn to growl.
"Ahh, damn it. Gotta do that if I don't wanna loose the only person who watches baby fights with me. Or how he calls it, meatsack boxing..."
McGucket just simply shrugged with a toothy grin.
"I still owe Dipper my memories. Count that as repayment."
Robbie didn't seem too eager to do that, but he surely owed Mabel his newfound happiness and still girlfriend Tambry. So he agreed with a more or less unmotivated grumble. Only Gideon and Pacifica were against it.

"I don't see any possible reason why I ever should help a demon!"
"Pah, the Northwest lady is completely right. He totally failed the task I gave him years ago!"
Dippers heart dropped at these words and his hopeful smile shattered into pieces. Ford raised an eyebrow and sighed quietly.
"To be honest, I'm not quite sure myself... A-after all, he ruined my life at first..."
"G-gruncle Ford! Thanks to Bill you have something to study! He's been your laboratory rat since he is Dippers boyfriend!"
Suddenly, Dipper got up. His body shook and he hastily wiped in his eyes to dry them from his tears.
"...f-fine."

"Dipdop...?"
Mabel watched her twin concerned but made sure to not come too close.
"...P-Pacifica, I know a reason. I saved your whole family from the ghost who tried to kill you all."
Pacifica just rolled her eyes and started to polish her long nails.
"And Gideon. You still love Mabel. If not for Bill or me, do it for her."
Gideon froze for a second but turned his head away, even when he didn't look as convinced as before.
Seeing his last attempt to not result in anything, Dipper started to cry. More and more tears fell down his already puffed cheeks until he was sobbing like a little child. Mabel watched her brother with a concerned expression, she couldn't help him since he didn't want to let her close. Or anybody else.

"Dipper..."
Finally the guilt washed over Fords pokerface, replacing his old look with the one of defeat.
"I-I guess... You stayed as my assistant and I could study Bill for years... For the sake of science, I'll do it."
Dipper showed a small glance of happiness, but that changed instantly again. Fords agreement didn't help him any bit. Without Pacifica and Gideon, the summoning wheel was uncompleted. Stan had finally enough, he jumped up from his seat and stomped over towards Gideon, pulling the boy up tohis feet.
"Now listen here you little shit, you'll help Dipper and Bill got it?! Else I know exactly where Ford keeps his guns and I have a few weapons too. Or... you could just dissapear out of the town! In mysterious circumstances! Do you fucking want that?!"
Gideon let out a soft squeak as he felt the man's rough hand on the collar of his shirt. He instantly paled and threw a begging look for help into the round, unanswered by the others who weren't less angry about Gideons decision.
"Let me go you stinking old man!"
"Don't talk like that to my gruncle!!"
Mabel stared in quite some deathglare at him and Wendy burried her face in her hands, groaning silently.
"God, not again..."

What followed was of course, a huge and loud argument between Pacifica and Gideon against the others. Soos suddenly broke the loud exchange of words.
"Dude!! Where's Dipper?"
Instantly the whole room fell silent. Everyone stared more or less confused at the chubby man until Mabel squeaked quietly.
"H-he really is gone!"
"Lets search for him. Who knows what that idiot can cause in a panic attack!"
Ford looked just as concerned and everybody got up from their seats, rushing to leave the manor in order to search outside.

Dipper had enough of it, he couldn't listen any second further to this bickering of the others. He needed to save Bill, that was all what counted for him.
Without any further guess he stormed into the forrest, arriving soon enough on the clearing where he used to find Bill in his summoning wheel. It didn't rain the last night, so the wheel was clearly visible. All he needed to do was to restore what wild animals or creatures destroyed.
Taking a stick, he redrew the damaged lines and soon a full summoning wheel resulted. With a deep and shaky sigh he hopped onto his symbol, the Pinetree.

Maybe there was a possibility he could replace Pacificas and Gideons energy with his own.