十四

Unlike an injury to the body, there is no medicine for a wounded heart and sometimes, it just never heals.

"So, we're supposed to perform a play for the fans, here?"

Hoseok questioned Namjoon, who just responded with a nod, in a puzzled away, still not amused by the fact that he wasn't told beforehand about this, although he still was excited to perform and quite thrilled by the idea of pleasing his fans with some gaudy play. The set had been supposedly that of a small house and the play was to be about a middle class family. Much to everyone's happiness, Jin and Namjoon were also going to be a part of the play, with the latter serving as the main character.

"So, I'm a dog?"

Jimin put his hand up, a forced smile on his face. Playing animals wasn't exactly very fun for him, especially not a dog. He didn't like dogs, maybe he'd reconsider the role if it was a cat he had to play. The image of Brandley came into his mind, remembering the cute cat he had played with on the beach several months ago. So far, that cat had been the purest, most loving creature he'd ever met.

He'd marry her if she were to be in the form of a human.

"Yes. Yes, you are." With a small sigh, Jimin put his hand down whilst Jungkook and Hoseok laughed at his misery. Next came an ear-piercing shriek from the left, fists raised in the air and there was a shocked look on the face of the owner of the voice. It was Jin, he seemed horrified, in despair and petrified. This caused the others to worry a little and turned the atmosphere into a heavy one.

"This... This can't be.."

"What're you-"

"I'm playing a delivery man, a banana, a clock and a flower?! Aren't I supposed to be the handsome male lead of the play who rescues the entire family from a fit of despair by bringing amazing merchandise of my own face to their house! Absolutely not okay for me to play these.... quirky roles!" Everyone literally fell upside down, not really astonished by how narcissistic, kind of, he could be at times.

"T-tsk. You made me feel unsettled there for a minute! And yeah, you are going to play all these roles which happen to be really important since they serve as the main humor supplying characters in the play. Got any problem?" An agitated look plastered Namjoon's face which softened in like two seconds, as he decided not to take all this a bit too seriously. Everyone was supposed to be having fun with this.

"Well, how come you're playing the main lead and that you get to wear a wig with hair as silky as satin sheets gliding on a breeze, as silky as a bird's colored wings, flying so free and brilliantly! So not fair!" Jin dramatically put his right hand over his head and the other one on his chest. He pretended to be heart broken, earning a sigh from Namjoon who just gave up in defeat.

"Since when did you... become so poetic?" Hoseok laughed, saying these words slowly. It had been quite a while since he last laughed so freely, the earlier tension had completely vanished, with all these people who laughed with him during simple moments such as these, with all these people he considered his family, nothing in the universe seemed to matter.

Wishing to laugh like this forever, he prayed that maybe, just maybe nothing bad would happen anymore and that the person bothering him would simply give up and leave him alone, and not resort to any desperate measures. With these prayers in his heart, Hoseok proceeded to work and give this play his very best, he'll make the audience so happy that they'd never forget.

"It says here, we're supposed to do this in a week time. Are you sure we can pull it off this early?" Jungkook asked, holding a bunch of papers that were stapled together in his hand, it had a lot of information mentioned there, all the roles, dates and everything else possibly useful to the play.

"Well, practice makes perfect." Namjoon smirked and then snatched the papers from Jungkook's hands, who just frowned and said nothing.

"Alright so the opening scene. Nam-joo, a fangirl who dreams of meeting her idols one day, walks to her house from school. All of a sudden when she turns around, she is met by the sight of a delivery man who hands her a large box full of stuff that she had ordered online. Carrying the box happily, she goes inside her house, greeted by the family dog, Cutie." Namjoon reads out loud, feeling entertained with the script written.

Everyone started to move to their positions and practiced till they dropped, which ofcourse hadn't happened yet. Hoseok stood out, his extra mini skirt dangling in the air and the small net and pearls on his head emphasising his character's elegancy. Jungkook was playing the role of the father and husband of the play and did a lot of work on his behalf, everyone tried super hard and contributed as much as they could.

This was fun, very fun. Unbeknownst to everyone, someone sneaked up behind stage to surprise everyone. In the most astonishing way possible.

--------------------------------------------

"I think we should call it a day. Good work, everyone."

Giggles and claps echoed throughout the auditorium, lights shone like there was no tomorrow. The day had been full of excitement and even though buckets of sweat were evident on everyone's faces, nothing had felt so refreshing before. Practice and hard work always brought contentment to them.

However, there was a sudden creak and an annoying sound that followed all these echoes of happiness. This sound, unlike all the other ones, represented despair and hopelessness that would follow afterwards. For a moment, time stopped and Hoseok looked behind and then up to see what was happening.

It was like everything went silent and everything seemed so grey. The long case clock, painted dark brown with black and maroon touches to it, was falling.

On him.
----------------------------------------------
Sorry for taking so long, thank you for 5k and thank you for reading. I appreciate it a lot.💕