二十

Who are the ones worthy of trust?

His heart started beating very fast, to the extent that Hoseok felt like he might drop dead any second now

His heart started beating very fast, to the extent that Hoseok felt like he might drop dead any second now. There was no hard evidence that Jungkook was the one who had been giving so much grief, after all it could be just a simple coincidence.

This whole thing had been a road full of misery and confusion, there was no guarantee of what might happen next, at this point, nobody deemed worthy of trust.

"I hope Jungkook has fun."
-----------------------
"You look very handsome, Hoseok, I love the tie, it suits you very well I must say."

Showered by compliments, Hoseok stepped into the luxurious car, accompanied with the presence of Namjoon who himself was looking wondrous, he was wearing a full on black suit with a gleaming red shirt underneath, whilst his dark green and grey hair had been kept up straight in a very fashionable way. The appearance of a noble prince in a shining silver armour, one that people only heard of in fairy tales.

Above that, Namjoon had a habit of taking off his jacket and rolling up his sleeves, which in addition, made him look extra attractive. And the fact that he had veiny hands didn't help much either.

"I could say the same to you, nice hair style. You look the quite the prince charming, like always. I'm kind of nervous for this gathering, know what I mean? There'll be so many people and that makes me feel insecure at times. There'll be loads of food though, which makes me happy. It sort of serves as my sole motivation for a lot of things, food will never betray you, my dude! Do you like champagne? It tastes bitter, I prefer a simple punch. Not the actual one though, haha! I heard the venue's really near, good that it is because I really despise long distance rides. Too much wait. Anyways, today's pretty suspenseful, I don't know why I feel like that. I just do for some-"

"Oh for Christ's sake, stop talking!"

This sudden outburst startled Hoseok who whimpered his way back to the very edge of the seat. Feeling guilty, Namjoon reached out his hand and patted Hoseok's head softly, licking
his lips, he sighed and tried to come up with words to say.

"I- I'm sorry. Taehyung's influenced you a lot, you sound and talk like him now. Not that it's a bad thing, I guess that says you two are getting along very well." The mention of Taehyung brought a huge smile on Hoseok's face, they were way past getting along, they were good friends now. Satisfied with the smile, Namjoon went back to checking his phone and took the smile as a reassuring reply.

It didn't take much time to reach the venue, less than thirty minutes. In that short period of time, Hoseok had dozed off, later realising he had messed up his hairstyle a bit because of the awkward position he was sitting in.

"Remember, you used to sleep in my lap." Namjoon chuckled, going down the memory lane all of a sudden.

"T-that! That was years ago!" Flushing deeply, Hoseok balled his fists and then stomped through the entrance gate, there were a lot of people. This made things worse since it was hard to make a sudden leave with so many people being in surroundings.