News

Ronnie found something about Jenna. I should be excited, but my heart drops and I feel nauseous. I hear Veronica tell me something. I know what she said, but it doesn't hit me at first. Then I register it. Jenna lives three towns over, according to a website. Why didn't she tell us? Why didn't she visit? Is it because of me? All of these questions form in my mind, and I find myself asking Veronica if she brought her license with her.

The next thing I know, I'm in the car with Ronnie, driving to Newark, 45 minutes from us.

"What do you think will happen when she sees us," I question. Ronnie shrugs.

"I don't know. Jenna and I were never that close, but I'm sure she'll be excited to see you again. What will you do when you see her?"

"Oh, well, I don't know. Probably hug her and cry. I haven't seen her in so long, and I really want to find out why she moved," I respond. "I can't wait to see her!"

35 minutes later (I'm pretty sure Veronica sped a bit), we're at the address listed. The yellow building has a stark contrast to the dark sky, and it's ruggedness makes it seem desolate. I notice that I start to get a headache, and my stomach feels like it's doing back flips. Not a good feeling to be meeting your only other friend that you haven't seen in months with. I shrug off the feeling and chalk it up to anxiety and my concussion. I get nervous as I walk up the path that leads to the front door of the house, and grab Veronica's hand for comfort.

I knock on the old, brown door. The knob is all rusted and squeaks as it is turned. I look at Ronnie in excitement. I can't believe I'm finally seeing her again. A huge smile is plastered on my face as the door swings open.

"Jenna," I scream. "I've missed you so much!" A frail elderly lady looks back at me in response. "Oh, I'm sorry," I mutter, "must've been the wrong address, I'm sorry ma'am." The woman laughs and shakes her head.

"Don't worry, you're not the first to mistake me for Jenna. She lived here for a couple of days- beachside her family had to move for a job-, but..." she trails off. "I'm really sorry," she says. I look to Veronica, worried.

"Sorry for what, ma'am," Veronica asks for me.

"Your friend, this Jenna girl, died two weeks ago. It's sad. She was only how old? 18? She was in a car crash." The world around me starts to spin. Jenna can't be dead! My mind starts racing and everything seems to be in slow motion. This must be some cruel prank. This can't be true. There's no way Jenna- the girl who, despite her meanness to others, always took me in and defended me. She can't be gone. She can't be. We didn't come this far for this. She's only 18, there's no way she could've died! I stare at the lady, unable to speak.

AN: Hey guys! Hope you like this new chapter! Tell me what you think! Don't forget to comment and vote! ~Kye