one | 3:14 am

3:14 am

2 hours and 57 minutes after

Gracie was shivering and the rain was causing her pale hair to stick to the sides of her face. She couldn't feel her hands, but that was more due to the shock than the cold.

The paramedics had told her to stay out of the way, that they'd handle it. And her parents had told her to stop crying and focus on the situation. But while she had stopped the constant flow of tears, Gracie couldn't control the heavy sobs that tore through her vocal cords.

"Gracie? Gracie!"

She looked up, and there was Theo, wearing a sweatshirt with a stain down the front and two different sneakers, both untied. But he was her Theo. He would make everything better.

The police officers had already begun taping off her yard, and one of them tried to stop Theo as he ran towards her, but he barreled past them.

"Gracie, thank God." Theo said, gathering her small frame into his arms and holding her against his chest protectively.

"Am-meil-" Gracie struggled to choke back her sobs.

"Shh. Everything will be okay." He promised her. "It's all going to be okay."

"There was so much bl-blood," She wailed, pressing her face into Theo's shoulder.

He patted her on the head before pulling away and handing her his sweatshirt. Gracie took it and then wrapped herself in his arms once again.

"What's going on? Is everything okay?"

Theo looked at Jaxson and shook his head.

"It's Amelia. She's gone."

"Gone?"

"She's dead," said Gracie. "Someone killed my sister."