Chapter 39

Nick's POV

It felt like hours before I saw the flashlight.
"Over here!" I yelled.
Fin and Liv came rushing over.
"Jesus Christ what happened." Liv said untying me.
"I don't no if she's alive just help me."
We began digging frantically. Soon enough we got to her. I pulled her out and immediately began CPR. Fin and I rotated turns as Liv called for an ambulance. Just as we were about to give up she began breathing. Weakly, but was still breathing. Soon this was replaced by coughs. A little while later her eyes began to flutter. She opened her eyes.
"Oh thank god." I said. "She's awake." I told Liv.
She dropped down beside us.
"Amanda stay with us and ambulance is on the way." Liv told her.
"Any idea where Caleb went?" She asked
I shook my head. Then unexpectedly Amanda dragged herself over to me and fell into my lap. Fin wrapped his coat around her as she continued to cough. I held her tight trying to keep her warm.
"Where the hell is the ambulance?" I asked.
"Still ways out. The rain and hail isn't helping anything." Liv responded.
"There's a blanket in my car someone go get it." I said.
Liv ran to get it. She came back minutes later with it. She wrapped her in it.
"You need to find him" I stated. I got her.
"Kill the bastard" I yelled as they went off looking for him.
"I got you, I got you." I whispered holding her tightly wrapped in two coats and a blanket.

Amanda began to start regaining energy several minutes later. She was still wrapped in the blanket when she attempted to sit up. It was still pouring down rain and her hair was soaked with water, mud, and blood.
"Have they found him yet?" She asked.
I shook my head.
"They won't be able to, he's too smart."
"They'll find him."
"But what if..."
"They'll get him Amanda."
"How's Apollo?"
"He's been a nervous wreck. Crazy dog." I chuckled.
"He tried to help me but Caleb locked him up. He barked the whole time." She stated.
"Lay back down. We don't know how bad you're hurt." I told her.
"I'm fine"
"Amanda he stabbed 5 times then choked you till you almost passed out and then buried you alive"
She didn't argue and laid back down. It was easy to tell she was in pain but she was too stubborn to admit it. I put my head down so hers was right under my chin then kissed her head.
"You have to stay awake alright."
I felt her nod her head.

After a few minutes of sitting there I heard a noise. It sounded like cracking sticks. They're back I thought. Judging by the quietness they probably didn't have him. It wasn't till I looked back up that I saw the gun pointed at my face.