Untitled Part 34

Chapter 1194: Two Opposing Women

After discussing some matters regarding the opening of the star region with everyone gathered, Xiao Yan's group left the large hall.

Xiao Yan did not remain for long after having left the large hall. He turned around and walked toward a path. However, his feet had just stepped forward when a graceful figure appeared in front of him accompanied by a fragrance. Xiao Yan was startled before he immediately laughed, "Why? Does Miss Cao Ying have some matters?"

"Nothing. I am incidentally using the same path. Let's leave together." Cao Ying sweetly smiled. Her exquisite face revealed an alluring enchantment. This woman was just like a fox demon that could bring calamity to a country and its people. Her smiles and frowns were enough to cause a man to go crazy over her.

Xiao Yan was stunned when he heard her invitation. Since when did this witch treat him so well? In the past, she earnestly wished for him to come into conflict with others while she stood by the side and watched the show.

While Xiao Yan was pondering what was happening in his heart, the expression of Song Qing slightly worsened. Cao Ying's change had caused him to feel uneasy. He hurriedly came forward and laughed, "Ying-er, brother Xiao Yan always has many things to deal with. Coincidentally, the star region will be opened in two days. At that time, that old bastard Old Mu Gu might launch a sneak attack again. If we train now, we might be able to guard against him when the time comes."

"Yes, brother Song words are quite..." Xiao Yan hurriedly nodded upon hearing them. He kind of feared this witch Cao Ying. He did not wish to be toyed with by her Since Song Qing had stepped forward, he would hurriedly push her to him.

However, before Xiao Yan's words had finished, the enchanting smile on Cao Ying's face was withdrawn. She faintly declared, "There is no need. I do not wish to be left behind as a sacrifice again."

Song Qing was somber when he heard Cao Ying's words. His expression had become unusually embarrassed.

"Let's go..."

Cao Ying's pretty eyes turned to Xiao Yan. She violently looked at him. From her looks, it seemed that this witch would go crazy if Xiao Yan were to utter any more excuses.

Xiao Yan helplessly shook his head. He threw a pitiful gaze to Song Qing. Although Song Qing's actions of leaving his companion behind at a critical moment were indeed shameless, the treatment that he had currently received was also quite pitiful.

Xiao Yan quietly sighed in his heart. He could only turn around and walk to the stairs that led to the bottom of the Pill Tower. Only then did Cao Ying smile. After which, she closely followed behind him. Her crisp and soft laughter caused one to feel one's bones softening.

Song Qing's expression was volatile as he watched the backs of these two people disappear into the distance. He violently clenched his teeth a moment later. His face was dark, solemn as he swung his sleeves and left.

....

Xiao Yan and Cao Ying walked all the way down. She continued to softly inquire about unimportant matter. Her alluring manners of occasionally covering her mouth and laughing softly would cause some young alchemists to involuntarily halt their footsteps. Their eyes contained some envy when they looked at Xiao Yan.

These envious gazes cause Xiao Yan to feel as though he was sitting on needles. This witch was unpredictable. No one knew just what she was thinking. Even Xiao Yan himself wasn't sure why she had suddenly become so gentle to him. Could it be because he had saved her life back in the Pill Realm?

This short journey appeared just like a long march to Xiao Yan. He only let out a long sigh of relief when he was about to arrive at his residence after much difficulty.