Chap 5: Good Energy

Santi's POV

Dave's mother sat in the backseat in shock. We waited for her shock to blow over and got out the car. I grabbed Adonis and Dave grabbed Marisol. She snuggled up to him and laid her head in his chest to feel his heart beat. Soon she was right back to sleep. My little baby so attached to her papa she'd go crazy if she ain't see him no more. Dave's mother brought me outta my thoughts as we sat at the kitchen table.

"Santia, why did you keep my grand babies from me for so long? You knew I loved you like my own and you left me in the dark about them!"

"I thought you would tell David and I-"

"Of course! They are his children too."

"I get that but at the time I wasn't clear about me and Dave."

"What do you mean 'wasn't clear'?"

I looked at David and he nodded. So I told her about what happened when he and I first started dating.

After I told her what happened she looked up as tears started to form in her eyes by the time I was finished she was sitting next to me holding my hand.

"That's why you left without a word? And in the grocery store.. I saw you and tried to talk to you but you hurried out of the store..all because of David and that girl..."

"The grocery store? Ma what you talking about?" Dave chimed in.

"I saw Santi in the store and I tried talking to her since I hadn't seen or heard from her in a while but she hurried out. I didn't want to tell you because I knew you'd be hurt baby." She replied

Dave just sat and looked at her.

By the time I could take my next breath Dave was picking up the girls to put on their jackets.

"David what are you doing?" I asked worried he was going to try and take the girls from his mother, without he spending time with her.

"Yes why are you packing up my grangirls?" She said surprised at his suddenness.

"Getting my daughters what you mean? She kept this from me all this time. I looked for you for years...and she didn't tell me she saw you." He said with so much anger.

Mari felt his anger and grabbed his beard making him stop and look at her. She then put their foreheads together and he calmed down.

"I'm sorry baby." He whispered to her.

She then laid her head on the left side of his chest and put her chubby arm around his neck. Adonis felt left out so he scooped her up and she did the same but left her right hand in the middle of his chest. It was crazy how it looked like he was holding himself.

His mother and I cooed at the way he let all the negativity go when he held them. Almost like they were his own personal little chakras. His good energy.