Radiance Of Stars | Chapter 20

•Erzas POV•

After I heard about the whole debacle with sabertooth I hugged (y/n). I was so proud of her for finally finding her strength. I push my scarlet hair out of my eyes and laugh.
"I'm rather proud of you for trying to help Yukino but storming in wasnt a smart move Natsu"

I give him an evil glare as he falls to his knees and pleads for forgiveness.
I giggle and pat his shoulder.
"You're lucky, if (y/n) wasn't there your message would've gone unsaid"
Natsu peers over to the (h/c) Mage and blushes, giving her a cheeky grin
"Thanks a lot (y/n)!" He chuckles, emerging her into a tight yet loving hug.

I laugh at them. They really would make a cute couple.
"Right now we need to prepare for the final battle"
I grab (y/n)s hand and pull her out the door soon followed by Natsu.
We halt at he guild hall as master had something to tell us about the finale of the grand magic games.

I shush the entire guild and all eyes are on him just waiting for him to speak.
"Now my children" he begins "as you know I can only submit 7 participants into the final match"
We all nod and stare at his sheet of paper.
"I have made my decision" he slowly unfolds the paper and begins reading off the names
"Natsu"
"Gray"
"Gajeel"
"Erza"
"Wendy"
"Laxus"
And finally....
"(Y/n)"
The guild all burst into shock. He must've forgotten that not everyone in the guild knows (y/n) is a wizard. Guess the cats out of the bag.

•Wendy's POV•

Both (y/n) and I run over to master.
"Master" she spoke softly "I can't fight"
I look at her and smile "either can I"
Her (e/c) eyes smiled into mine. "Wendy I know you can I've seen you before" she giggles causing me to let out a little laugh myself.
"Maybe but I'll only fight if you fight" I give her a nod and smile.
"It's settled then!" Master chuckles, drinking some beer from his mug.

We spring back towards the group in order to tell them the news.
"First we must celebrate being 2nd on the leaderboard!" Gray chants
Everyone soars towards the bar, picking up drinks and food off the counter.

I turn around swiftly and see a few strands of pink hair leave the guild hall.
"Hey (y/n)" I pull the (h/c) mages arm "where's Natsu going?"
Her eyes evert towards the door and she begins walking.
"I'll be back Wendy" she smiles and gives me a reassuring nod.

Natsus POV•

I decided to take a break so I sit outside the guild hall under a nearby tree. You get a perfect view of the deep blue sky from here and all the stars are beginning to come out.
I smile.

I hear faint footsteps behind me but I choose to ignore it.
I close my eyes, taking in the various sounds from the streets and the birds chirping.
"Hey Natsu" the sweet voice alarmed me slightly.
I sit up and give a cheeky grin, knowing who's voice it was.
"Hello (y/n)"
"What are you doing out here?" She questions me.
I look up at the sky and grin.
"The stars always remind me of you so I wanted to see the beauty of them again"
After that had left my mouth I felt an immense amount of heat flush to my cheeks.
Her beauty (e/c) eyes stare at me. Her cheeks now rosy from the compliment.
"You know Natsu" she leans her head on my shoulder.

"I'm scared"
My eyes widen slightly as I place my hand on her head, ruffling her hair slightly.
"Why are you scared?" I asked her.
"I'm scared to lose.. to lose my family, lose my friends" she begins to shiver
"To lose you" her eyes are faced away from me.

(Y/n) POV•
I couldn't believe I told Natsu I was scared. I sounded so weak Eurgh! I look away in embarrassment. He lays a warm hand on my cheek, forcing me to face his way.
"Don't be scared" he says softly "I'm not going to leave you"
I pull him into a tight yet loving hug.
"Thank you Natsu.." placing my head in his neck I smile.
"I promise Natsu I'll find Igneel" I said quietly.
"Thank you (y/n).."
I look up at him, my (e/c) eyes meeting his. His hand still on my cheek. The cold breeze flying against my pale skin.

The stars glistening...
I feel a comforting warmth on my lips. I close my eyes and join in.
The warmth I was missing..

I got it
In the radiance of stars...