Part 2

After an hour's journey down an old, stone path the girls reached the outskirts of town. The girls searched high and low. They found a golden box, a songbird, and even a stone flute. But, nothing seemed to catch their eyes which made the princesses feel a little bit down. Later they turned and started walking down a narrow back street when all of a sudden they hit a fork in the road. Princess Missy was confused and asked, "What is this?"

"Come now everyone knows what a fork in the road is." Sue countered! Then Missy replied that she needed a spoon and knife to go with the fork. Sue just shook her head in annoyance before finally on the subject.

As they continued to walk a small old bookstore came in to view. This looked very nice and inviting at the end of the right path. At the same time, Sue was eyeing the bookstore, Michie was admiring the left path which was surrounded by pretty flowers. In an effort to keep down an argument they decided to split up and each take a different path, and then to meet back up here in two hours. Sue took the right path, Michie the left, and Missy chose to walk down the path straight ahead.

Princess Sue happily dashed over to the bookstore. She loved being near all the expensive leather-bound books for sale. Each book served as a portal or doorway to unlimited action and adventure for her.

Princess Missy was busily skipping down her chosen path when she spotted a camel. Its owner had just arrived on it from another kingdom. The animal was intriguing and exciting to the child of a very large extent. She felt as if she could stare at the foreign creature forever.

Princess Michie was in awe at the scenery with all its flowers, trees, and lovely songbirds. She was very happy about her decision about taking the left path. The air here even smelled delightful like heavenly roses, pine trees, and lilacs.

Princess Missy was having lots of fun with an adorable little orange tabby kitten. She was happily running around in circles chasing it. However, she was not paying attention to her surroundings. She also had lost her lunch basket. Before you could say "silver nightingale," she had chased the furry creature into the woods. As the sun went down it became cold and lonely for the littlest princess. It was especially difficult because this was her first night away from the castle and her nice warm bed. She wished more than anything to be back at home.