Part 10

The Black Castle was dark, damp, spooky, and downright messy place to be in. As she walked she had to watch out for the spider webs and broken glass. She then entered the old library. This room at least did not have glass on the floor. She quietly gave the squirrels the signal to find some hiding places to surprise Hendel, later.

She walked into a long narrow hallway with dusty old tapestries covering some of the walls. Just as she was about to turn a corner, the cat came into sight. To avoid being caught she hid behind one of the tapestries. It was so dusty that she had to hold her breath to keep from sneezing.

After five minutes, Michie carefully peered out from behind the cloth and was grateful to see that the cat had left. From here she continued in search of the front door. She traveled through what seemed like endless hallways and rooms she even came upon the witch's room.

Finally, after another forty minutes of searching, she spotted the door. She unlocked the door and found out that there was a barred gate blocking the entrance way.

Missy and her animal friends watched as Michie climbed a ladder and tried to reach a pulley but missed. She extended her arm once more and grabbed hold of the rope to cause the metal gate to start to rise.

Unfortunately, she lost her footing and screamed, but luckily she still had a firm hold on the rope. It gently lowered to the ground while the weight caused the rest of the barred gate to rise. She tied the rope to a stone statue just before reuniting with her sister.

As Princess Missy entered the castle on black wolf's back she could hear Hendel screaming evil chants and rants.

Back in her bedroom, Handle was angry about being awoken. She used her magic staff to conjure up a terrible storm around the castle with rain, lighting, and strong winds. Happy with the torment she was bringing about on the forest creatures she peacefully laid back down for bed.

Meanwhile, all the animals had taken their places for the attack on the witch. Then, Michie went down to the dungeon to try to rescue her sister while Missy and Black Tooth boldly entered Hendle's bedroom. Hendel was shocked when the princess shouted "Attack!" at her door.

She somehow managed to stumble to her feet fast enough to dodge the wolf's attack. Then she turned to him to cast a magic spell. However, as she was chanting the spell the squirrels jumped down from above and ran up and down her body as she desperately tried to shake them off

Missy was still standing at the door, and ordered the birds to attack and retrieve the key to Sue's cage. The old witch was overwhelmed by this, but she still fought back. In the confusion the necklace broke and fell to the floor. Missy ran up and grabbed the necklace and raced down the hall and into the dungeon.

However, just when she had also most unlocked the cage Hendel appeared at the door and prepared to cast a powerful spell that would turn the princesses and animals into ants. But before she could complete the spell a squirrel jumped on to the top on her staff and would not let go.

As she tried to shake him off the sun went down and Sarah returned to her human form. Sue quickly sang Hendel to sleep. Then the princesses relocked the cage with the evil witch in it; along with her cowering cat and crow.

The three princesses broke the evil magic staff together so that the witch could never use magic ever again. Once the source of her powers was destroyed the Sue was released from Hendel's magic spell.

That night at Queen's party she was overjoyed to see her daughters once more. When it came time to give their mother their presents the girls cried. They explained what had happened and how that had not been able to find her a suitable present.

"You are silly and sweet girls. I am truly blessed by having all three of you with me safe and sound. This is the best gift a mother could hope for," Said the queen as she hugged the girls tightly.

The End