Part 3

Back in the bookstore, Sue was trying to decide between two books when the shopkeeper asked to have a word with her. The dark-haired woman pulled a book out from a drawer and asked if she wanted to hold it. The princess had a bad feeling about this and decided it was time for her to take her leave. Next, the woman grabbed her arm and tried to make her touch the book. Then a cloud of smoke appeared while the woman transformed into an evil purple skinned witch.

"Since you would not touch my evil book of magic to become my apprentice, I will turn you into a canary." the witch shouted, as she cast her magic spell. Then she took Princess Sue and put her into a golden cage. Lastly, she hopped onto her old crocked broomstick and flew off to her home while clutching the cage in her hand.

Princess Michie had been waiting hours at the fork in the road for her sisters' return. Where were her sisters? Had something happened to them? Did they tire of the quest and retire back to their comfy home or where they in real danger? All these thoughts and much more raced through the young girl's mind as she waited. She was so hungry she could hardly bear it. Luckily, a kind-hearted woman and her husband saw her and brought her to their home for dinner and to spend the night.

As the tenth hour of the night approached the youngest princess slept on a bed of leaves her squirrel friends had gathered for her. Thanks to the bluebirds she had a fine meal of juicy fruit. That night she slept soundly cuddled up with the squirrels and dreamt of the royal stable back at her family's castle.