something's off...

You knew it once you woke up.

The look on Dark's face contained more emotion than usual. You wanted to question it, but kept your mouth shut in fear that he might snap. You had heard him talking to himself, too, which was nothing really out of the ordinary. Dark occasionally has conversations with the voices in his head. You tend to steer away from him when he does. 

But today, it was different. He was yelling very loud, and you heard at least two different voices besides his own engaging in. Those voices joining in sounded very familiar, but you just couldn't put your finger on who they could be. You brushed it off before you, yourself, went insane.

After that, he wouldn't make eye contact with you. He didn't kiss you goodbye. He simply sat at the kitchen table, cup of coffee in hand, staring at the wall. Almost as if he was lifeless. It broke your heart to see Dark like that, but you knew it was better if you stood your distance.

"I love you, Dark. I'll see you after work."

______________________________________________________________________________

You kept running what happened in the morning through your head while at work. For being the bright person you are, this was one of your more..stupid moments. You got so worked up. Your cubicle suddenly felt like it was closing in on you. Your computer was being blown up by emails. Your phone was being blown up with calls. You put your head in your hands, taking a shaky breath, and soon exhaling it. Your head was now killing you, and your eyes were welling up with tears.

The way Dark was acting had you very worried. You had never seen him act like that before. He always kissed you goodbye before you left. He always said "i love you" back. He never had a fit like that with the voices before.

You heard a knock on the wall of your cubicle, which caused you to snap out of your daze and shoot your head up, facing the person staring right at you.

You had no clue what his name was. You had never been good at names.

"Hey, [Y/N], are you okay?"

You stared at the person with a blank expression, combing your hand through your hair in hopes it didn't look too bad after your minor meltdown. He reminded you of someone.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks for asking though." You lied, giving a fake smile at the end.

"Just making sure. See you later." He said, flashing a charming smile and walking away.

"Who the fuck does he remind me of?" You thought to yourself, trying to pan through memories in your head to find out who you might be associating him with.

Then, it hit you. You stared at your computer screen as the memories came rushing back.

Damien.

Your breathing hitched as memories from your childhood, all the way up to the last time you saw him, flashed through your mind.

This made your mood drop even more. You had loved Damien so much. He was such a great soul. Extremely kind and charming. Treated all his friends with the utmost respect. You remember how heartbroken you were the day he was declared dead. The shock took over you. You still get the numb feeling every time he crosses your mind. All you want is to see him one last time, just to hug him, talk to him, do anything with him. 

Your mind then switched to thinking about Celine, who you were also very close friends with. You could tell that her and Damien had something, but you never knew what. They were never vocal about it. She was always very sweet, and quite spiritual, too. A very gorgeous girl. She ended up dying, too, not many days after Damien. It was so saddening, losing both of your childhood friends over the course of a week. You still wish to spend more time with Celine, but unfortunately, you can't. A part of you still believes they're not dead, that both Celine and Damien are still around. Maybe they're hiding. Maybe they're just really good hiders, right?

"Dammit, [Y/N], why the fuck are you thinking about this?"  You thought to yourself, head in hands again.

You got no work done that day. Your mind was too preoccupied over everything. Dark, Celine, Damien, and anything else that you just happened to think of. It was a horrible day, and you were beyond relieved when the clock struck 5:00 pm, which meant you could finally go home. Being left alone for ten hours with your own thoughts was not something good. You just wanted to sleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

[A/N] hey guys!! i hope youre all enjoying the story so far! it randomly came to mind to me earlier today, and im glad i decided to write it out. if enough of you like this chapter, i'll publish the next one, which i already have planned out. see you guys later!!