comfort

You didn't know what to do. You didn't know how to feel. Your whole body felt numb, and your headache felt like someone had hit your head with a mallet. You laid your head on the steering wheel, trying to grasp on to whatever that big blowout between you and Dark was. 

Your first instinct was to call Damien or Celine. They always helped you with your relationships prior to this one, especially when it went down the drain. They always offered great advice and comfort. 

The thought of how Dark had faked their presence made you sick to your stomach.

You were very delusional, and everything seemed fake. You were hoping this was all one big dream. That you didn't just lose your boyfriend of two years. That your two best friends weren't dead. You just wanted everything to go back to normal. Change was something you hated. You always accommodated to it quickly, though, whether you liked it or not. You never really had an option. However, this was different.

You didn't know where you were going to stay for the night. You knew that the abandoned parking lot you were currently sulking in was not a good fit, and there was no way in hell you were going back home. You thought about calling a friend, though most of them were dead. The whole mansion ordeal happened years ago, but it was always fresh in your mind. That's why you always wanted to call your friends or hang out with them. Your mind still hadn't grasped the fact that they were dead.

Wilford wasn't out of the picture though. He's just a bubbly, trigger-happy guy, who's super oblivious to his surroundings. He was a great friend of yours. He went kind of silent after poker night (the mansion ordeal) many years back, when fate fell upon all your friends. He went a bit insane. You feared for your own life at that point, surprised that it hadn't been taken away from you like everyone else. 

You lifted your head up, and stared at your phone that was sitting on the dashboard. You really didn't want to bother anyone, but you had no choice. You sighed and picked up your phone, dialing Wilford's number. You listened as the phone rang.

For the love of God, Wilford. Please pick up.

You sat there for what felt like hours. The phone just kept ringing and ringing. Now, you knew that calling Wilford close to midnight on a weekday was a stupid idea, but you took the risk anyways. After he didn't answer, his voicemail tone took over. You sighed and ended the call, placing your phone on the center console, and putting your head back on the steering wheel.

You started crying. Everything was just so surreal. You missed Dark, but at the same time you hated his fucking guts. You never wanted to see him again, yet you wanted to be held and comforted by him at the same time. 

You started running through memories you had shared with Dark, and it only made your mental stability worse. Your mind kept shifting towards all the negatives that happened, practically throwing those two solid years away. 

You were snapped out of your meltdown by your phone ringing. You jumped, your heart skipping a beat. You sighed of relief as you saw Wilford's name on your screen. 

You picked up the phone, and tapped the green button, signifying that you had answered it.

"Hello?" You said into the phone, your voice weak and cracking from all the crying you did.

"Don't 'hello' me!" Wilford yelled. You cringed at the volume of his voice. "Where are you? Do you need me to come and get you?"

You felt yourself smile a bit. 

"As if you read my mind." You said, in almost a whisper. And from that, you explained everything that happened, leaving out the Damien and Celine parts. You would save that for later, that is, if you ever told him.

"That's so...out of character.." Wilford said. "Have you heard from him since?"

"Fuck no. Just the thought of him makes me sick." You sighed as you felt the tears brewing again. You never thought you'd say that about Dark. It made you feel guilty.

"Do you wanna stay here? I have a guest room that you could stay in if you'd like." He questioned.

"If it's fine by you, I'd appreciate that." You heard a chuckle from the other line.

"I wouldn't have said it if i didn't mean it."

"Okay, I'll hopefully be there soon." You said, hanging up. 

You slouched back in the driver's seat of your car, trying to take as many deep breaths as you could, before you finally started the car and drove out of the parking lot.

You knew where you were, but you didn't know where you were going. You didn't feel like putting in the extra couple minutes to set up the GPS or look at a map. You decided that driving around aimlessly until you recognized your surroundings would be a good idea. 

You finally arrived at Wilford's house sometime after midnight. You felt a ping of guilt in your stomach as you thought about welcoming yourself into your friend's home because you were too unstable to go back to your own. You wanted to brush this feeling off, but you couldn't. Even worse, you didn't have anything but your phone and car keys.

You muttered curses to yourself as you walked up to the door, soon knocking on it. You kept your head down as you did so. 

Once Wilford opened the door, you ran into his arms, pulling him into a tight hug. He, of course, hugged you back with an equal amount of force. You had starting crying again. You felt so worthless. 

Wilford patter your back and rubbed his hands in circles, which reminded you of Damien. That didn't help at all. 

You two finally broke off from your embrace, and entered the house. Everything was nice and neat. You instantly felt more relaxed as you heard he fire crackling behind you, letting a nice orange glow fill the room.

"Will, i cannot thank you enough for this." You said, following him as he lead you to the guest room. "This really means a lot to me."

"Why, it's not an issue at all!" He responded, as he opened the door to your room. "I'm right down the hall if you need me. I put spare clothes and blankets in there, just in case you need them." 

"Thank you so much." You said, feeling a lot better, as if your broke heart had been mended a tiny bit. 

"Sleep well, goodnight." Wilford said, giving you a slight kiss on the forehead. 

"Goodnight."

You entered your room and turned a light on. Holy shit, did that bed look comfy.

You quickly changed into the clothes Will had set out for you, then turned the lights out and hopped into bed.

You felt safe here. You felt a bit happy, too, though your gut kept telling you that things were only going to get worse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: hey everyone!! i apologize for the kind of late update. i haven't had any ideas recently. this chapter is also very choppy, and i apologize for that, too. thank you guys for all the support and reads i've gotten within the past few days. it really means a lot!! i hope you guys are enjoying this!!