Prologue

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't know it'd rain today!" Yuki kept on bowing as she pedaled alongside her brother.

The rain pelted hard. The road's surface was especially slippery now. The townspeople would always call this road, "Tsuru" road, since it was incredibly slippery in the rain to the point where some vehicles have crashed. The road was directly above Taraka River, which was known to have such heavy currents. In these conditions, the only people outside would be them.

Her brother sighed, "You don't have to apologize. I didn't know it would rain either," he pedalled quite smoothly, looking at the dark storm clouds, "We better get to the nearest shelter."

Yuki looked ahead: it was probably only 1km away to the cemetery.

Suddenly, thunder split the sky. Yuki shivered, and moved closer to her brother.

"Don't shift carelessly like that!" he shouted.

She had never heard her brother yell at her before, but she knew that he was genuinely worried about her.

"I'm sorry!" she bowed again, "You probably thought I would slip..."

He realized his mistake, "S-sorry..." he looked down.

Yuki heard a revving of an engine. Alarmed she nudged her brother, "...Did you hear that?"

"What?"

"...An engine..."

"What do you mea-" he turned, horrified: it was a truck going too fast and out of control.

"But isn't driving that fast illegal?!" Yuki cried, "He must be drunk or something!"

It approached directly behind Yuki. A screech filled the air as one of its tires slipped.

"Watch out!" he pushed her out of the way.

"Katsu!"

XXX

All Yuki hear was the loud, droning sound of rushing water. She could barely breathe. Yuki's vision blurred as she opened her eyes. It was night. At this, she only just realized that she was in the water. She was in Taraka River. She started to panic. She couldn't swim. She stopped splashing about when she saw that her road racer was lodged onto a large, thick tree branch behind a large rock, and that her collar was hooked on its handles. She found it even harder to breathe. Fortunately, the force of the currents was supporting the branch. If Yuki didn't get hooked on the handles, she would've been carried away for sure.

She remembered her brother.

"K-Katsu?" she weakly called, her voice drained out by the sound of the strong currents.

She looked up helplessly at the road above her which she fell from, hugging the rock tightly to prevent herself from drifting away. Yuki felt something warm drip from her head, but she didn't care. She had to get to Katsu.

"I... need to..." she trailed off, slowly losing her consciousness.

She barely heard the group of townspeople calling their names, waving some torches around. Her eyes completely shut out everything.

XXX

This was a little dramatic, wasn't it? Sorry... anyway, if I'm doing anything wrong, please tell me. I'm new to this stuff... Also, sorry if this was a little unrealistic.