Yuki's Advice

Yuki stood in the club room awkwardly, holding an application form in her hands. She took out her earphones and stood in the silence, There's no one here. Guess they practice around this time, she looked around the room: spare bicycle frames and wheels decorated the walls, I highly doubt that they'll even allow me into the team... The trophies caught her eye. She reached for the old Sohoku bicycle jersey, with names signed all over it, Should...I actually be touching things in here? She hesitated. She was disturbed by voices outside.

"You'll have to follow Onoda again tomorrow, Kaburagi," Teshima called from behind.

Kaburagi smoothly turned with his bicycle, halting slowly as he passes through the school gate, "...Okay," he eyed Onoda from the corner of his eye.

Onoda smiled awkwardly.

Kaburagi removed his bicycle helmet, and started to drink his water bottle.

Kaburagi's been like this for a while... Teshima removed his gear as well, it's like he lost his respect for Onoda.

Naruko suddenly slaps Kaburagi's back out of nowhere. Kaburagi spits out all of his water.

"What was that for?!" he choked.

"You said you looked up to Onoda, and bragged about all that "surpassing Onoda stuff" from the very start when you joined! What's happened to your spirit?" Naruko yelled.

Kaburagi put his bottle away, "I'm just... concentrating on something..." he walked away.

He walked past Onoda and Imaizumi.

"He's at it again, isn't he?" Imaizumi said.

Kaburagi walks past the club room (or equipment room, or whatever it's called), not noticing Yuki standing there.

So this kiddo's doubting Onoda? She casually lifts a pocky stick to her lips, But isn't he a first-year?  Yuki started to hear Onoda speak.

"Ano... Teshima-san, can I go ride just another lap?" he asked.

"That'd be fine, but are you sure you aren't tired?" Teshima responded.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine," he smiled.

Climbing back onto his bicycle, he pedaled off.

Yuki suddenly thought of something. Placing the application form into her bag, she rushed off, accidentally dropping it onto the floor.

                                                                                    XXX

I need to get stronger! Onoda pedaled on, I can't just let Kaburagi-kun get better without me! He realized that he didn't sing the "Love-hime" song for nearly half the lap now.

Taking a deep breath of determination in, he let out the words, "Hime hi-"

"Onoda Sakamichi?" Yuki appeared right next to Onoda, Pocky stick in mouth and one ear bud in, riding her road racer.

"EEEEEHHH?!" Onoda fell off his bicycle.

Yuki halted softly, "Are you okay?" she tilted her head.

"H-how long have you been there?" Onoda asked, still sitting on the ground.

"Hmmm... I think... for only about 5 minutes?"

"5 minutes?!"

She nodded.

Scrambling to his feet, Onoda pardoned himself, "Sorry for being so startled," he laughed it off.

"Don't worry about it."

Riding Along The Silent Winds (Yowapeda fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara