Just a warm up all along

Thank you all so very much for 1K reads!!! (^^ This is so amazing! I haven't been able to update for such a long time (again), sorry. And also, just a heads-up from here on out: I will be updating pretty gradually, so I'm terribly sorry again. Oh, and also, does anyone know when the next season of Yowapeda will be out, because I'm still waiting.

Thank you for all of your reads, votes and support(••) (••) (••)

XXX

Kaburagi gritted his teeth in frustration as he watched Imaizumi's back maintain a distance way far ahead of him. I wish I was as skilled as an all-rounder like Imaizumi, he acknowledged in his head painfully. He brought his two hands to his cheeks, slapping them in somewhat forced determination.

"If I were you, I'd be worrying more about Naruko-senpai," Yuki said calmly, pedalling behind him already.

"Can you please stop scaring others like that!" Kaburagi shouted, "Jeez," he turned toward her, blushing slightly at his own rudeness, "I'm sorry." He managed to slip out silently. I totally forgot about Yuki, he sighed internally.

"But I also wouldn't worry about me either," Yuki read his mind.

Kaburagi was still disturbed at how she can read others' thoughts, but he was genuinely confused, "Why would you say that?"

"Because I have no intentions of winning just yet," she confessed plainly.

"But this is a welcome race purposed for you! Why wouldn't you want to win?"

Yuki silently meditated upon a flashback.

FLASHBACK

Katsu cheered joyously as Yuki crossed the first checkpoint. However, she was disappointed in herself: she had just placed 4th. In silent, burning frustration, she halted, placing her foot onto the ground to cease any movements of her small, teal bicycle. She failed. She had absolutely no chances of winning. It was already the first checkpoint, and she was trailing far, far behind. Her disappointment shrouded her thoughts, oblivious to the other racers who passed her as she stood there quietly.

"Yuki!" Katsu shouted.

She instantly turned to the call of her name, tears stinging the corner of her eyes, "Y-yes," she sniffed, scrubbing her eyes with her small, frail hands childishly.

"It's not over yet!" he shouted once more.

"What do you mean!? I already failed you! All that hard work and training you did with me, wasted! And it's all my fault!" a river streamed down her eyes this time, as she was unable to hold back anymore, "It's already the first stage, and I've already- "

"EXACTLY!" Katsu's voice intensified over the crowd, "It's not the end of the race! It's just the beginning!"

Yuki's eyes widened, a few drops of tears escaping.

"The first checkpoint means nothing, and even if you fail the next, and the other, you will always have that finishing line. It's waiting for you. It's waiting for you to cross it! It's waiting for you to ignore the other checkpoints, be it a big deal, or small. Don't get fooled!"

At that point in time, a tiny flame had kindled in her eyes. She nodded, smiling, hitting the road once more.

"Now that's my sister," Katsu smiled warmly, speaking softly to himself.