Multicoloured Holographic Glitter

When we left the salon, Candice walked out with a head full of soft, feminine waves with blonde highlights; a gold heart stud set, and a silver moon stud set in each earlobe and in the bottom third piercing of each earlobe, a silver star dangling off a tiny silver chain.

Each of her fingers sported a different color holographic glitter gel nail and her toes were painted with holographic glitter that matched her fingers.

As Candice passed through the front door of the salon and into the street she did so with a confidence I had never anticipated

As Candice passed through the front door of the salon and into the street she did so with a confidence I had never anticipated. Sure she was still quiet and shy but her nervousness and apprehension appeared to be all but gone. She was smiling, happy, holding her head up, and exhibiting more confident than she had when we went in.

The next few weeks went by as if it were some kind of dream. Instead of this all being a punishment for Raymond, he had begun to let go of any fear, embarrassment, and apprehension he had and was allowing Candice to take over.

Raymond wasn't playing the role of Candice as much as he was turning into her and it was becoming more apparent every day as she grew increasingly confident and at ease with presenting as a girl.

I was teaching her the basics of cooking and she wanted to learn everything she could. Rachel was teaching her skin care, hair care, makeup, feminine mannerisms so she passed more naturally, and the finer points of feminine fashion. She soaked up every morsel of information like a hungry puppy getting fed after being rescued from a three day stay in a foodless cage. 

Around the end of the first week, Candice began doing more than listening and learning, she began asking questions about the things Rachel was teaching her and we never ceased to be amazed by the things she wanted to know.

Sometimes she would ask something and I would ask myself how in the world did she even know to ask that? No normal boy would even think to.

Pretty soon I went from being surprised at what she was asking, to being impressed. She was taking to it all as if it was second nature to her and asking questions you would never expect from a boy.

It was on Tuesday afternoon of week three when Rachel came to me to say Candice had just asked her if she could teach her how to properly shave her legs.

Two days later, Candice asked me if we could go tubing on the river on Sunday. This was something absolutely Raymond loved to do and something we usually did three or four times every summer, so the request wasn't a surprise.

What was a surprise however, was when I said it was a great idea and she immediately turned to Rachel and asked if she had a bathing suit she could borrow for the trip.

Rachel immediately refused, explaining that none of her bathing suits would provide the cover a girl with Candice's unique situation would require. She then suggested we go shopping for new suits; one for herself and one for Candice.

I agreed that it was a splendid idea and also suggested we book a room and make an entire weekend of our river trip. We could fit in some shopping and some pampering at a great spa I knew of near there.

I don't know who was more excited, Rachel or Candice.